Increasing Contact

Murray72

Increasing Contact

Post by Murray72 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:27 pm

Hi All,
I am new to the site and just seeking some advice.

My Child has been in Foster Care for the past 30 months and is on a plan for long term Foster Care, however recently Children's Services have said they will ascertain the Child's wishes for the future, with a possibility for reunification in the future, but they have stipulated they will not place a time scale on this and cannot put a plan in place at the moment. This is my main concern as it feels as though this could be a simple exercise in futility, I have managed to completely turn my life around and have removed myself from the situation that posed a risk, my life has never been better and yet still I cannot get my Child returned.

Having spoken to advisor's at FRG it seems this would be unrealistic given the current level of contact I have with my Child, so my question is how do I get my contact level increased?

I have a reasonable relationship with the current SW, but her Manager was my Child's previous SW and as I was dishonest with her I think she will never feel confident that she can trust me in the future, the dishonesty took place approx 3 years ago now.

Any advice please.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Increasing Contact

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:14 am

Hi Murray 72

My name is Suzie, an advisor from Family Rights Group.

Sorry that you are feeling so unsupported at this time. I have responded to your post under 'lack of support' and will not be repeating it here. So please go to this post for advice in relation to your situation.

Best Wishes

Suzie