s.g.o and having more children

mummy393

s.g.o and having more children

Post by mummy393 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:41 pm

Is is my first time posting my two boys are on sgo with paternal gp. This was due to me and their father have a difference in personalititys that may clash and also me being 17/18 yrs old and needing to find myself other than a partner and mother. Im now 22 split from kids dadtwo years ago and currently with new partner and marrying next year. The father has now moved into the kids home with the gp which I dont feel is right it was supposed to be temporary but has been 8 months now. Can i get an sgo revoked and how. I have done everything they asked which was stability out of court and social services and find who i am. I now voulenteer with young mums and help in the community.Also I want to have more children after marriage with my current partner but I dont want him to have to go through the heartache all because of my past any advice is appreciated thank you

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: s.g.o and having more children

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:31 am

Dear mummy393

Welcome to the parents' board. My name is Suzie, one of FRG's online advisers.

You have stated in your post that your children are subject to a special guardianship order to paternal grandparents, and that you wish to apply to have this discharged and that the father of the children is residing in the special guardian's home. Was this agreed at court, or was it agreed between the father and his parents' following the court process? It would be helpful to know how the situation came about, dependent on what concerns were held about his parenting capacity, in the first place.

Otherwise, I recommend you ask the special guardian if they would be willing to attend a MIAM (Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting) in the first place. This would involve you attempting to resolve any current differences (between yourself and the special guardian), in the presence of a 3rd party, and is normally expected to take place before returning the matter to court.

If your request is refused, it would be advisable to obtain the reasons in writing because it could provide useful evidence about your attempts to resolve your situation on an informal basis. At this point you may wish to seek legal advice about making a court application for a specific issues order or about discharging the special guardianship order.

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes

Suzie

mummy393

Post by mummy393 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:39 am

Hi thank you kids dads problem was he was narcassistic and during our relationship became more and more violent he moved in after I told him to leave my house ( he had his own property but unable to stay in it due to damp and gave his keys back) I asked him to leave as he stamped on me and smashed my house up so he went to stay at his mums whilst he found another property. He is now getting carers allowencw for his parents and has his own room we also found a letter signed by the special gaurdian asking the council to give him a two bedroom house as he will be having the children once he has settled in. This corncerns me as he just snaps has had me in hospital numerous times and a permenant scar on my face. I phoned social services who said they cant specify who live in their house. The kids arnt getting the best of care she has smacked my son infront of me and just sits them infront of the tv every single day. The pg are not in great health themselves and I see them struggling. The grandmother dpesnt ever leave the house herself she sits on the sofa watching tv all day too. I only needed to find out who I was other than the kids mother and I have done that over two years i work with young mums and kids and love it. Help out in the community and the church I believe I could give them a better upbringing

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:00 pm

Hi,
I am sorry to hear about the violence that you suffered as well as all the hospital admissions. I am glad that you are in such a different place now. I will try and address the points you raised
Discharging the order-
It is very difficult to successfully discharge special guardianship orders as you have to apply for leave first.
Do you have the reasons why the court made the special guardianship order? If so, you could see what the risks to your children were and whether these had been dealt with.
To get leave or permission to proceed with an application, you would need to show:

1) a significant change in circumstances since the special guardianship order was made. (This could include changes that affect the children-such as being put at risk by the guardians) as well as your own changes ( for example, no longer in an abusive relationship and having completed a course such as the freedom programme and successfully completed any therapy that you might have needed).
2) The court would consider the welfare of your children and the chances of you being successful in your application to end the order. (has the care of your children changed?)

Child protection referral-

You have made a child protection referral to children services as you are worried about the safety of your children. However, they are not investigating it. Can you challenge this by complaint?

To discuss in depth, you could call our advice line on 0808 801 0366.
best wishes,
Suzie