hi

Kitty

hi

Post by Kitty » Wed May 20, 2015 11:47 am

hi as you all no my exs mum for my oldest is trying to stop me from seeing him well i talk to the ss worker and she said she got told bye the sgo that i could not take cear ov is medical needs eany way its in the court papper that i can if we went to court would that go agenst her

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: hi

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri May 22, 2015 11:03 am

Dear Kitty

Thank you for your post.

Did the court judgement make clear exactly how you should be involved in your child's medical care once the special guardianship order was granted?

For instance, if your child had a specific disability or medical condition, it may have stated it would be in your child's best interests for you attend key appointments or reviews that are held to discuss their medical progress.

Alternatively, it is possible that the court paper may have been more open, and left it up to the discretion of the special guardian to decide how you should participate in any future medical care.

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes

Suzie

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Sat May 23, 2015 6:43 pm

well when we went ot court t was agreed that i hv contact 2 times a week and get informed about is medical appointements whic non ov this is happening bucause i had my youngest son and was going though court whit him so sum contact i had to miss naw she is saying i canrt see my son she as evan told the ss worker that i do not no haw to take care ov is needs and she is beleving her whic i do no haw to do it but its a new ss worker and she dont no much about it

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri May 29, 2015 11:06 am

Dear Kitty

I am not sure if you have an advocate to help you put your concerns in writing.

Whilst Children's Services are not normally involved once a special guardianship order is in place, if there is an ongoing if you are in contact with a new social worker for instance, presenting a log of your concerns including the date, the nature of the concern, who you reported it to and the outcome may strengthen your case should you decide to take this matter back to court.

Best Wishes

Suzie

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Sat May 30, 2015 5:42 pm

i talked tto the ss worker about and she said she was going to put every think in a ltter and send it to me statying y i could not have contaced and its been 3 weeks naw and nothink she then stated to me that the sog had been to her solicitor and she said that her solstor told her not to allow me to hv eany contact but i dont no y it not like the court as ever said i was not alowed it

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:33 am

Hi Kitty,

I am glad the social worker is going to put everything in writing for you.

If you have not received the letter from her by the end of the week-I suggest you chase her for the letter.

You could also ask your solicitor to find out whether any decisions have been made about contact during the court proceedings. There might be a court order or an agreement about contact which would be put in writing.

Best wishes,

Suzie

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:30 pm

well lates new is the ss worker rang me and told me that she was not going to send me a letter she said her manger told her she did not need to explane to me y i wwas not going to be having eany contact and that it was up to ihs granny if she was going allow me to see him buut yet when i saw him last time she said i could do leter box contact for 4 months then we was going to hv a meeting to sort contact out but naw all that is being refused

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:03 pm

Dear Kitty,

I am sorry to hear (and surprised) that the social worker has decided not to put things in writing for you. I think this would have saved both you and her time.

Do not be put off!

The contact arrangements that you had expected to happen were cancelled. I think you need to know why this decision was made.
I suggest you contact children services complaints at your local authority. You can get their details from the social worker or via the mainline number at your local authority or on the website.

Tell them:
• That your contact with your son has been changed and this was not what you expected.
• That the social worker and her manager will not explain why.
• That as there is a special guardianship order, the local authority have the legal power to support your contact. This is not happening.
• Say it is now urgent.

Can you get an advocate to help you? Ask the social worker to recommend an advocacy service in your area.

The second thing you can do.
As your son is with grandma under a special guardianship order, you can also ask for an assessment for support to help with issues around contact such as
• Help you to see your child, for example, your travel expenses or the costs of taking your child out somewhere
• Help with your mediation costs if there are difficulties over contact that you and the special guardian want to try to sort out with the help of a mediator.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Suzie