hi all

Kitty

hi all

Post by Kitty » Sat May 16, 2015 2:43 pm

as u all u no my youngest got put up for addoption and i get to see hime once a month but he as still been ben adopted and is still whit the foster cear what happens if he get to like 6 7 and he still aint been adopted he as just turned one

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: hi all

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon May 18, 2015 12:03 pm

Hi Kitty,

That is a good question.

Can you check your youngest child’s written care plan?
You could ask your adoption support worker, or your solicitor or the independent reviewing officer (the person who reviews your child’s care plan every 6 months) for a copy of the most recent care plan.

Sometimes, the care plan will say that the local authority should find prospective adopters within a certain timescale. If they cannot find adopters, then sometimes the local authority will decide to place a child in long term foster care. Or the local authority might ask the foster carers to apply for a special guardianship order.

To discuss further, you could call our advice line on 0808 801 0366.

Best wishes,
Suzie

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Mon May 18, 2015 1:47 pm

hi there no i hv not seen the cear plan i aint evan had a copy ov it but he as just turen one and still they hv found him eany one whic is great cause i still get to him but he is coming really atached to the foster cear and get upset when she levs i dont want him to be like that whit sum one els its unfair o him to be moved naw i think

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon May 18, 2015 3:36 pm

Hi Kitty,

You can get the most recent care plan from the social worker, or the foster carer, or the adoption support worker (if you have one) or the independent reviewing officer.
About the age of your son, children become very attached to their main carer-so your son getting upset when she leaves is a sign that he is attaching in a healthy way to the foster carer.
When a child moves to prospective adopters, there will be a lot of support that will be put in place and the move is usually done over a few weeks.
I know it is worrying for you. Why don’t you contact your adoption support worker or the charity
After Adoption have an advice line for birth parents. 0800 0 568 578

Best wishes,
Suzie