Nightmare son joint care

santa fe

Nightmare son joint care

Post by santa fe » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:45 am

Hi My son is 16 and has a joint care order on him with his mum ( MY ex)
Since he came out of foster care and back at his mums (about a month now) he has been a nightmare apparently stealing money and cigarettes from the house not coming home for several nights at a time

He has been reported missing to the police several times also who allegedly told my EX “since he is 16 he doesn’t have to come home until 11PM”.
My son despises me from what I can make out and only turns up at my home when he wants something.
But last night my ex was in tears on the phone worried sick about him not coming home and being a little terror thinking he can do what he wants when he wants and thinking he is a “Big man”

I have very little to do with my Ex and my other sons only visit when they want both are over 18.
Any advice I can give my ex, I have told her to phone the SW but I don’t think they can do much either.
Thanks

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Nightmare son joint care

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:26 pm

Dear santé fe,

I can see why your exe is so worried about your son. She must also be worried that your sons return home will be jeopardised and that your son will go back into the care system.

Before he returned home, a plan would have been prepared to detail the support that will help the transition back home.

Has your exe spoken to your son’s social worker? Children services still have parental responsibility for him-under the care order until he is 18.

You or your exe could also contact the independent reviewing officer

] to discuss this. A LAC review could be held to discuss what can be done to safeguard your son and what further support might need to be put in place.

Not only that, your son should also have access to the leaving care act support which includes a personal adviser and a pathway plan. This is support that is put in place to assist him moving safely out of the care system. It is worth reading through this advice sheet to check that your son is aware of what support he is entitled to and does not lose any support.

Best wishes,

Suzie

santa fe

Re: Nightmare son joint care

Post by santa fe » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:00 am

Thank You