need advice

Kitty

need advice

Postby Kitty » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:50 pm

As u no my oldest is under a sgo eany way i got to see him 2 day contact went great then the ss worker came in and told me that is granny my exs mum who he lives whit want me to only hv letter box contact for 4 month then review it then decide if i can hv contact she is only doing it cause i missed sum due to illnesses. And being in court whit my other son

ange301126

Re: need advice

Postby ange301126 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:19 pm

Dear Kitty, it is heartlessly cruel to deprive a child of regular and frequent contact with his or her mother.Both the grandmother and the sw are guilty should they do so.

You should contact your advocate immediately if you have one who should protest very strongly on your behalf. I don't think they are allowed to take away the child's contacts. Even if you were guilty of a crime and sent to prison, you would be permitted contact with your own child on humanitarian grounds.

Sadly , humanity to children is often at the very bottom of the agenda for the CS.

Kitty

Postby Kitty » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:54 pm

I hv emailed. My mp and told her every think that happend 2 day

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Postby Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:51 am

Dear Kitty

I am sorry that your working relationship with the special guardians does not appear to have improved. It is true they have the authority to determine what level of contact is in your children's best interests.

Can I suggest you ask for the reasons in writing and consider asking them for a meeting to try to resolve your differences face to face. If necessary, you may need to formalise this by going through mediation. However, under the circumstances you are unlikely to be entitled to public funding (or legal aid).

It will also be important to keep a written record of any health appointments, court dates or otherwise confirming reasons why you were unable to attend.

You may find it helpful to look at our advice sheet on child arrangement order, in the event you consider taking the matter back to court.

Best Wishes

Suzie

Kitty

Postby Kitty » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:14 pm

Hi well all they are saying is cause i missed contact 12 times cause ov illness and court i can not see him and that i can only hv letter box contact for 4 months then its going yo get review in jue and then contact will be re arangefd but i don't agree i men the sd worker saw haw happy he was when we had contact the other day but my mo as been informed ov what's going on do u think she will help me

Return to “Do you have a child in care?”