hi all

Kitty

hi all

Post by Kitty » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:01 pm

As most ov u no i lost my son in court and naw he is wating to be adopted well i had sum one to ser me to day from the looked after childresn team i just want to no what happens naw and mycontact as been reduced

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: hi all

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:58 pm

Hi Kitty,

I am glad that a social worker for your son has been in touch with you. However, what about your right to have an adoption support worker (for yourself)? Has anyone been in touch to help you?

After Adoption who give advice to birth relatives-about the process can help and make sure that you are being involved with the process. Are you helping with the life story book, for example?

They have a helpline called Birth ties.
Here is an advice sheet about adoption.

Your son is subject to a placement order. You would only be able to revoke this if you were able to get leave (or permission) from the judge to do so.

To get leave/ permission you would have to show that there has been a “change in circumstances" since the placement order was made and that it was also in your sons best interests.
You could ask your solicitor if there is anything you could do change your circumstances and to challenge the placement order.
However, once your son has moved to potential adopters, then there would be nothing further that you could do.
Please think about calling our advice line to discuss further, if you want. (Or After Adoption).

Best wishes,
Suzie

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:12 pm

Hay she did not tell me much just that i was only aloud to send a letter annualey and then she asked me what i want for my son like what plp i want him to go to i hv aske his foster fear if she can adopted him if she is aloud and that i can hv councling but my solicitor will no longer help me naw case is over

ange301126

Post by ange301126 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:22 am

Dear Kitty, If your solicitor will not help you, then there is little you can do to put things right.

You are just one more vulnerable person and your child just one more of hundreds which the system failed to treat fairly.

I don't know how old you are but your posts suggest that you still have some trust in the social workers to act correctly. I fear you are wrong. That is not how these cases work and , I'm sorry to say, not how life works a lot of the time.

You need active intervention on your behalf .Have you tried WOMEN'S AID?.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:24 am

Hay no i hv mot tried them yet but will do and Ty i hate all social worker they hv taken both my kids away from me me my oldest his whit is nan under a sgo and she as sopped me from seeing him my solicitor will not Evan help me get contact bk whit him naw i hv lost my youngest i hope is fosterceara will say yes to look after him full time i don't want my son going to stranger who might hurt him a live mills away