PLEASE HELP US !!!

wendyD

PLEASE HELP US !!!

Post by wendyD » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:15 pm

my children were taken into care november 2011
my son is 13
my daughter 8
They went into care after I went to police after my little girl said daddy had taken naked pictures of her, because I was upset they wasn't happy with me returning home with my children alone, I couldn't stay with my father or daughter that night so overnight foster care was arranged.... they have not been home since...
the reason used to keep my kids and in court was neglect and mental illness
they lied in court saying my children were un kept, left to roam the streets, lived in poor home conditions, ** was responsible for finances, medicating me etc etc...
there is no evidence to back this up
i have school references saying my children were clean, tidy, etc, at all times inc immediately before them going into care
FAST found my house consistently clean
they used borderline personality disorder which i've never had
my children never roamed the streets etch which SS accused me of allowing and there was no evidence supporting this
no evidence of not managing finances, i am responsible for my elderly father's financial affairs
no behavoural issues in school or personally regarding my children, in fact they are both 'gifted' academically and always were model pupils
prior to 2011 no concerns or issues or interaction etc from social services, other than in 2008 when they were needed to be present for my childs statement and medical examination during an alledged assault with a 13 yr old male neighbour which i was not in any way to blame
no prior involvement with social services
no physical or mental abuse from myself to my children
whilst children in care i suffered a break down but mental health services will state that there were no issues prior and none since, that i have been fully recovered since my short stay in hospital
i have no history of drug, alchohol abuse
no criminal record
nothing
my children are desperate to come home
they are now both in need of counselling, have behavioral social personal issues
school work/grades/discipline have declined drastically
my son is now suffering from anxiety and has tics
my daughter is confused about who her father is since being led to believe **'s father and a complete stranger (to her) is her dad so she is very confused
it went to court in september, my solicitor was useless and did nothing to fight my case or question the endless lies and allegations against me
a court order was granted saying that they would remain in care for approx 2 yrs until counselling was concluded (which was not needed until they were taken into care, although prior to this happening, more than 2 yrs ago i had made a referal for my son to get counselling re the assault, which never took place because of them being taken away.
contact has now been reduced to once a month, please help me... my children are suffering and i don't know what to do
i have never had issues regarding my children or my ability as a parent
before this happened they were happy confident respectful hard working secure children very well cared for and very loved
they have lost all their family friends, their life
Now I have found out they are looking for long term fostering and decreasing contact from once a month to even less
i have papers, references, photos, reports and all evidence filed and have no one willing to listen or look.
Please please help me, my children are desperate to come home, I am desperate to have them home. It has been 8 months since it went to court and I'm aware I can apply to have the order discharged but cannot get legal aid and I have since had to move from the family home to much smaller accommodation.
I don't know what to do or who to turn to, please please please help me
Also, I have tried to gain SS information through the freedom of information act to support my case but have been denied. There was only 1 visit to my home after leaving hospital before court and input offered by the mental health time re my mental health was refused and no interaction was taken with any member of the mental health team what so ever.
I was originally seeing my children un supervised every other day, picking them up from school and returning them on the evening to have contact stopped on Dec 12th 2011 and I did not see my children again until mid January (except once on Dec 28th when the foster carer invited me to her son's birthday) The children had NO social worker from very early January until Mid February. Despite several/many requests the children are still being denied an advocate and contact with relatives who they were very close to prior to going into care. I had made a referral for ** to attend CHAMMS (re assault and issues with his natural father) in September 2011.... despite this ** has still to receive counselling.
Also SS stated in court papers that police initiated a section 47 on nov 22nd 2011... this is not true. My children were also interviewed without my knowledge or consent and child protection was not initiated until dec 14th 2011 (WITHOUT any police, doctors etc being present or notified) even though they had been in the local authorities care since nov 22nd 2011 and I have peps that state on the very same day (dec 14th 2011) that my children were to be returning home into my care. I also have evidence of countless other lies and false information given by SS. I believe I can adequately prove that SS procedures were not followed and they were/are guilty of neglect, incompetence, misconduct and malpractice.
re court
papers and witnesses lied
the 'core assessment' lasted less than 2 weeks, interviewed by N***** but a Man named M***** attended court as witness and gave evidence re my self and my non existant mental illness. Apart from meeting hiom for approx. 10 mins to take my name address etc I never spoke to him so how he could write a report and give evidence god only knows
lied about house being consistently dirty, house was consistently clean. fast reports will say this.
lies re police incidents, what was put in their reports never happened, this is easily proved
lies re children being un kept/dirty LIES
re finances... I have no debts, credit cards etc I look after my fathers debts....
lies of ** being my carer
lies my children roamed the streets
That my son was SEXUALLY ASSAULTED because of my neglect.... I have police letters that clearly state that this is LIES !! never happened !!
it goes on....#
all groundless accusations with no evidence or witnesses to back these allegations up.... because they never happened... I have evidence to the contrary !!
their own psychologist whose report was used in court saw no reason why my children could not be returned !!
accusations of not turning up for contact... LIES !!
a complaint was made by contact centre staff in august 2013... what happened regards this complaint?
also children had to share a room until January this year, son was 13, daughter 8 surely this is not acceptable?
I am not given lac reports etc
not told of health appointments
deliberately excluded from parents evenings etc
The foster carer is trying to pressure my son to change secondary school by telling him his taxi costs 150 week
my daughter breaks down begging to come home but then goes completely to pieces in case the contact worker tells the foster carer she's got upset because she is punished and threatened contact will stop.
contact staff have made several complaints/concerns about my children being fearful etc and also being punished for accepting gifts from myself and also humiliated infront of them.
again the centre manager put this in a complaint in I believe august 2014 and other concerns were raised prior to this.
I have spent months gathering and trying to gather information to support my case but I need someone to take the time and interest to look at it...
please be the one to do this
It has now been nearly 10 months now since this went to court and the order was made, I know that if I am to have any hope of my children ever coming home I must take this to court myself and represent myself. This is going to be very daunting, frightening and confusing for me and will welcome and appreceiate any help, advice or support...
I recently discovered that the court psychologist report stated that I was admitted into the psychiatric hospital following psychosis/breakdown in september 2011, where as it was spetember 2012. social services are aware of this and I believe they used this error to deliberately mislead the judge into believing I was suffering from delusions etc while the children were in my care.... THIS WAS NOT THE CASE as SS are fully aware that I became ill following and because my children were in care and prior to September 2012 I had no mental health issues or concerns. I went to pieces after I was promised my children would be home for xmas 2011 and PEP plans confirm this, but because of a phone call made on December 12th 2011 contact was stopped and I did not see my children again until mid January, and no social worker was appointed for my children until mid feb 2012. It was because of this and fear for my children etc that I'm ashamed to say I went to pieces, taking tablets off the internet to keep awake because of the nightmares/terrors I was having. those combined with the stress, isolation etc drove me into a psychosis and mental break down. I had never suffered anything similar previous to this and certainly not since.

also I would welcome the opportunity to be put in touch with someone/anyone who has been in my position and succeeded.

Feisty01

Re: PLEASE HELP US !!!

Post by Feisty01 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:44 pm

Hi there I don't have any advice Im afraid because I'm stuck in a similar situation,I got a letter today telling me they have refused me legal aid,my children are7 &my by girl will be2on the11th Oct,s,s are telling me that because my boy as bin in care over6months he has to stay there now and try and settle,I believe that there's sumbody out there that can help but like you nobody will advise me or tell me were to go,I'm thinking of getting intouch with my local mp and see if he can help as he is part of the shadow cabinet(parliament)as I to feel desperate I do wish you all the luck in the world and hope you get your children bk,problem is. S,s have had so much bad press there being very cautious and ppl are being made to suffer because of it..

ange301126

Post by ange301126 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:55 am

Dear WendyD, I am sure anyone reading your post will have sympathy for you and will come on to give you advice shortly. You have been treated atrociously,apparently,but one thing going for you is that you seem to have a full grasp of the way your case has progressed and have written it down.
Suzie, the FRG professional will come online as soon as she can.I anticipate she will be taken aback somewhat by the way your family has been dealt with.She will give you all the best advice.
Often it is found when enquiries are made that cases go wrong from the earliest stages.Social workers make crucial errors and make wrong decisions which have a poisoning effect from thereon in.
To help us check that correct procedures were followed from the start,please go back to the very first day and try to recall exactly what was said when the sw's got involved and took the children in November 2011. What sort of court order did they have? Or did you give consent to an S20.Try and remember exactly what you were told.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:31 pm

Dear Wendy,
Welcome to the parents forum. I am sorry to hear about the distressing time that you and your family are having. I understand that your children are subject to full care orders and the plan is for them to stay in long term foster care for the next 2 years while they receive counselling.

You dispute the original reason for your children going into care and have a lot of evidence that children services had relied on incorrect information. Have a look at our advice sheet about care proceedings which sets out the court process.

Can you ask your solicitors, to set set out in writing why the court made a care order in favour of the local authority and whether you can challenge this. Also ask them about the error in the court psychologist report. Could this error have been enough to have made a difference to the outcome of the proceedings? What about the bad practice of children services? Was the court aware of this? Will it have an effect on the outcome?

To find out what weight the court placed on different evidence in the proceedings, have a look at the courts written judgement? Also have a look at the guardians report.

You say that they also relied on a diagnosis of borderline personality disorder. You do not agree with this diagnosis.
You could speak to Re Think about how to get a second opinion.
You say that you do not have a mental health problem now. However, is there a chance that you could relapse and have a further psychotic episode? If there is a chance, what support could you access to prevent this?
Addressing all the issues that may affect your parenting including potential mental health problems, will show children services that you are putting your children’s needs first.
To be successful in an applcation to discharge a care order, you would need to look at why the care order was made-and what could you do to show that there is now a change in circumstances. So if you did need treatment for a helath problem (because it affected your parentng) then you need to pursue that treatment as best as possible.

Although, your parental responsibility can be over ruled by the local authority if its in the welfare of your children, you should be consulted about your children’s care plan.
Look at our advice sheet Duties to children in the care system which sets out how you can be involved.

To obtain detailed advice, you could discuss your case with an advisor by calling our advice line on 0808 801 0366.
Suzie