help, I am so scared!!

Cieve cieve

help, I am so scared!!

Post by Cieve cieve » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:45 am

My children r with my ex partners family threw am interim care order,,ther wer taken on the 10th feb this yr,,i was in an abusive relationship and was dependent on prescription drugs,,i have left my ex partner (father 2 my kids) 4 Mths back and have been threw rehab and clean now for 5 mths,,i have started doin a DV awareness course and I have enrolled 2 do maths n English in Sept,, I also see a councillor every week and get random drug tests,,i am goin threw CBT for depression and also bein councilled over my daddy's death, I'm doin every thing ss r askin of me and more, the big LAC meeting is on the 12th November this yr,and permanent decisions r goin 2 b made,,even tho am workin well with ss and everything is positive.. will they keep my children away 4m me,,i fear that they wil,,but I'm also told that if I'm working with them they will give my children bk,,im so scared,,this is Killin me but am doin everything I can,,plz has ne1 ne advice they cud give me 2 put my mind at rest :(

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: help, I am so scared!!

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:36 pm

Dear Cieve cieve

Welcome to the parent's discussion board. My name is Suzie, one of FRG's online advisers.

You have stated in your post that your children are currently placed with the patenal family on an interim care orders at this time.

Furthermore, it is evident that you have been cooperating well with professional assessments and worked hard to address issues of substance misuse, domestic violence as well as sought counselling support for yourself to help overcome the loss of your father.

It is also encouraging to hear that you have enrolled in a college course starting next month. You may also find it helpful to ask to be referred to the Freedom Programme and seek support from the National Domestic Violence Helpline if you think it may be helpful.

The points that you raise are evidence of positive and significant changes you have made in your life, and are likely to rule in your favour if you were to apply to have the children returned to your care.

Therefore, can I suggest that you continue to use the Looked After Review process, any meetings you attend, and contact to continue to demonstrate your ability to prioritise your children's needs.

If you wish to discuss your situation in more detail, please feel free to contact our advice line on 0808 801 0366 Monday to Friday 09.30 to 03.00 pm.

Best Wishes

Suzie

Cieve cieve

Post by Cieve cieve » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:14 pm

Thank u,,am tryin 2 do everything I can,, I no I have made mistakes but am tryin 2 put everything right so my kids wil b returned 2 my care,,im currently being assessed on my contact and they say I'm doin gr8 n they myt possibly increase my contact in a fw weeks,,so that's good,, my BIG lac meetin is in 12th November,,wat do u think the chances r of over nyts startin then if everything is stil positive x

coachkev

Post by coachkev » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:56 pm

Hello ,,,I really im interested in hearing how people can go of the rails which is mostly to do with pier pressure,then realize whats happening to there lives and then decide changes need to be made,we all make mistakes but as long as we learn from them and think of a positive future,then who knows what could happen.
What i would like to say is please don't loss the sight of the living accommodation for the children, it as to be more than just a roof over there head, It sounds like your doing every thing right for your own well-being, but be aware the ss will be looking out for a check list of the living accommodation for the child e.g. clean,tidy,well cared for & up to date with bills etc
I stopped smoking for 8 months then started again.I did kick the habit eventually, but what im trying to say is pier pressure is hard to get rid of when your feeling board, if you want to change your life try to get other interests maybe a hobby to keep the mind from wondering onto selfish ways & if you see, so called friends that invite you to spend a couple hours gouched out ,just say hello and walk on.

Try to feel positive about yourself by looking at how fare you have come within the past months, You have proven you have will power to continue feeling positive, keep it up and you will find the future will get brighter. If things don't go the way you want them to, be strong thinking positive happy thoughts is one of the makings of a happy family

Good luck with your future,
Think about what your going to do ,before you do it,,,simples

Cieves

Post by Cieves » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:00 pm

Thank u,, we'll it wasn't peer pressure as I no rite from wrong n very aware of people places and things I need 2 stay away from, but on a brighter note my over nites with the kids have started n they shud b bk full time by feb,,thanks 4 ur reply and my living accommodation was never a question as my house is very clean n up to standards as it has always been. Thank u