none accidental injury

lovemybaby

none accidental injury

Post by lovemybaby » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:03 pm

hi everyone. first of all... I need some suggestions. .. how I can keep my baby safe. I am in the pool of perpetrators in a previous case. nobody knows what has happend.. but proved by drs that something had happend. the main issue in my case is safeguarding.. how am I to be trusted that I can keep my baby safe. my first baby was adopted I still have contact with him. pycologist reports is good.. and improved on last one that I had. recommended mother and baby unit.. which I have been offered a place.. ss dont want to fund it. ss reccomendation is adoptionn as well as the guardians. I have been on every course going and also been seperated from my ex partner for a longg time... some of the things I have come up with are.. moving in with family.. them moving in with me.. mother and baby foster parent.. the baby unit.. I have a wide support network.. and ny contact is brilliant.. I just need one chance to prove I can b the best mum to my baby. everyone deserves a second chance...

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: none accidental injury

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:52 pm

Hello lovemybaby

Welcome to the discussion board and thank you for your post.

My name is Suzie and I am an adviser at Family Rights Group. I am very sorry to hear about the distressing situation you are dealing with.

How old is your new baby now? Are care proceedings just starting or have they been ongoing for some time?

It sounds as though you have lots of good support around you. Has a family group conference been arranged? This meeting would allow you and your family to come up with a plan to support your baby’s safe return to your care. It is also an opportunity for you to explore who else in your network could put themselves forward to care for your baby if the court decided that you couldn’t.

It is very important that you work closely with your solicitor to ensure that the court has access to all of the positive evidence about you and that the best possible case is being presented on your behalf. I wonder how your relationship is with your solicitor? Do you feel clear about the advice they are giving you and the way you are being represented?

Please do post back with more information about your situation so that I can advise you a bit further if you would like. You are also welcome to call our free and confidential advice line (0808 801 0366) to speak to an adviser directly. The line is open from 9.30am- 3pm, Monday- Friday.

Best Wishes

Suzie
FRG Adviser

Mama R

Re: none accidental injury

Post by Mama R » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi I'm in almost exact same position, it's a nightmare, I did manage to get ss to agree to work with me if I had a 'safegaurd' of a suitable person living with me, but had to drop the idea when they said the person would have to commit to living with us for 14 yrs, I didn't feel it was fair to put my suggested safegaurd under that commitment as she only 21 & if she met somebody & wanted to move out & start a family of her own they would take my boy back into care. All I can say is do anything if it means they will agree to give you a chance, and get your solicitor to send your suggestions to them in writing so you can prove you have tried to work with them xx good luck xx

lovemybaby

Re:

Post by lovemybaby » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:52 pm

hi mama r. thanks for ur reply so nice to hear from u. well finally after years of court proceedings its all been turned around and im getting the opportunity to go into a mother and baby foster placement for help and support whilst take caring of my daughter

thanks suzie too.. yeah we did a FGM.. gotta have another one soon. what support family can offer whilst in the placement.