long term foster care?

Basil

long term foster care?

Post by Basil » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:08 pm

my child went into foster care under section 20 for six months, nothing changed for him, he went in cause of behaviour problems gets violent at times does not go out plays on playstaion all the time. he has a statement of needs for school which he has just finished. he does the same in foster care as he did at home so how is this helping him. how often should I be informed of what and when anything happens? how long after a lack review do i have to wait for the report? how long can he stay in foster care? when asked now six months is up its nearly a year now ss said it would be long term maybe another year we see. I have asked what if i said i want him home, they told me you want to keep your other children, then leave him. my child tried coming home but was stopped and told we will make things difficult for your mother. it has ruined our lives and now i no longer see my child as he has been told i put him there cause i dont want him which is not true. ss only contact me if they want me to sign something. really dont know what to do.

braveheart

Re: long term foster care?

Post by braveheart » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi Basil

Sorry to hear of the troubles that you are having with the social services you stated in your post that your son is in care under a section 20 this is an agreement that you made with social services that you volunteered to put him in temporary care until you feel fit for him to return to you. Has the social services gone to court regarding your son have they had any orders granted by the courts? If not then they have no legal right withholding your child from your care and you can demand to have him returned if not then they need to go to court for an interim care order in order for him to remain in foster care under their wishes. But they need to prove to the court that their efficient evidence proving that for your son to return to your care would be detrimental for his well-being with out this evidence and with out any court order they have no parential rights over your son and trying to get an interim care order from the courts could take a while, like I said they need to build up evidence for this Lac reviews are held every six months with and IRO (Idependent Review Officer) these are independent officers who head meetings with the social services and all other professionals involved in your sons life including yourself, to review how your sons progress is coming along what has got better what needs to change and what your views are about situations that have occurred and any complaints that need to be dealt with. You can take up the issue about your son returning to your care to the IRO and he can advise you on what to do as he/she will know that your son is in care under a Section 20 and will know that you have full parential rights over your child. Please do not listen to everything that the social services tell you as they like to intimidate you and make you feel that you are not ready to have your child and are scaring you about your other children if they felt you was inadequate to care for your other children too then they would have intervened already or would have gone to court for an Interim care order. Please do not panic, if you feel they are not listening to you or are just ignoring your wishes then please seek legal advice because the solicitors will know more about the law than anyone else and could provide you with more information, I am only going by what I know through experience of my own I have fought the social services now for 4 years so have to come to learn all their little scheming plots and plans and little intimidation tricks to get what they want. I hope this information has been helpful to you and if you are really concerned like I said go and speak to a solicitor who is qualified in family law.

all the best hun.