any mother and baby units available?

lovemybaby

any mother and baby units available?

Post by lovemybaby » Tue May 21, 2013 4:45 pm

i have a daughter who has been adopted.. due to non accidental injuries and the court not knowing what had happend to him and who had did it. has health needs so we had all medical doctors involved giving evidence who had agreed something had happend. was adopted, open adoption as i see her few times a year. judge had said he would need better than good enough parenting due to health needs. this was somewhat two years ago... i was in a controlled relationship before we had separated i had fallen pregnant again ive since had pre birth assessments and updated assessments by social worker and pycologist. pycologist was rather positive and happy ive changed signifiantly. social services have reccomended adoption. considering a mother a baby unit but because they have said no the risk would be to high.. ive been to court and final hearing has been listed. judge wants me to make an application for mother and baby unit again, ive had a look and i know there arnt many mother and baby units available but is there any you would be able to reccomend? i dont have no mental health problems. a huge support network.. my coping strategies have improved. ive complete all reccomedations from pycologist including course such as domestic violence freedom, first aid, self esteem, assertivness ect.

blueplain

Re: any mother and baby units available?

Post by blueplain » Tue May 21, 2013 5:00 pm

Welcome to the site lovemybaby.

Reading your thread it looks like you come a long way since your child was born and I can see your upset and trying your best to be in your childs life. I wish the best for you and I hope you have success in that regard.

As to your question I know of this site if you have not seen it before

http://www.pandasfoundation.org.uk/help ... -unit.html.

I hope I have been of some help

Regards blueplain

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: any mother and baby units available?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue May 21, 2013 5:17 pm

Hi Lovemybaby

Welcome to the parent's discussion board. My name is Suzie, one of the Family Rights Group's online advisers.

Sorry to hear that you are going through such a difficult time with the level of uncertainty in the care proceedings regarding your baby.

Have you discussed with your solicitor, what mother and baby options may be available in your local area? Any decision about where you go will usually be based on available resources, your specific parenting needs, and the court's time scale for your baby (usually six months) ie the date they have requested that your parenting assessment needs to be with the court.

It is likely that your choice of mother and baby units, will be limited for these reasons. However, you should take the opportunity to visit, and meet with staff beforehand, if you are offered the chance. This will help you to be clear what is expected of you whilst you are being assessed so that you can increase your chances of having a successful outcome as far as possible.

I would have further discussions with your solicitor or the Children's Guardian as soon as possible, to see what else they can suggest, and make a list of questions you would like to ask the residential staff before the visit.

Best Wishes

Suzie