Care proceedings

damiensmummy21

Care proceedings

Post by damiensmummy21 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:03 pm

Hiya ive be in court since feb thiz year re my 3 yr old he currently under a I.c.o at my mums and since 10 april ive been in a mum and baby foster placement with my now 3 week old. Who they was ment to take me to court for but still havent.

Anyway I was told by aug id no whats going on and if they can be rehilbillitaed to my care but im now being told I could still be here in 6+ months time. Is this right? I fault the court has a time scale? 26 weeks will be 16th aug.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Care proceedings

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:30 am

Dear damiensmummy21,

Congratulations on the birth of your baby!

I am really glad that children services decided to place you and your new baby in a mother and baby foster placement. This means that you can establish a good bond with your baby and will be able to get help and support from the foster carer as well.

In answer to your question about the timescale of court proceedings being 26 weeks. Many courts are trying to keep the timescale within 26 weeks but this is not yet a legal requirement. If the plan for rehabilitation was made-then it is also quite common for the rehabilitation of a child to its parent(s) to start with the backing of an interim care order-so that the children services will still keep parental responsibility for the child while it is being rehabilitated home.
You could ask your solicitor about the court time table and when they expect the parenting assessment of you to be done.
I hope this advice helps but post back if you have any more questions.

Best wishes,

Suzie