Not consulted about my daughter's care decisions

charmed1

Not consulted about my daughter's care decisions

Post by charmed1 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:33 am

Hi everyone. My daughter has a learning diability and is vulnerable. There has been discussions previously around possibly giving her something to supress her periods. Nothing happened for several LAC reviews it being noted that the carer was helping my daughter manage them. I then read in the new social worker's (my daughter's 6th SW since 2016) report which was only given to me at the review which was earlier this month that she "continues to take a hormone pill" What hormone pill? Unfortuntely because of a lot of interuption from a latecomer I didn't read the report fully and only noticed this part when I got home. I emailed the sw the next morning putting a direct question to her about when this started, what she was taking and why I hadn't been consulted about this as the IRO had previously reported I would be before any decison was made. My daughter also has an issue with a clicky knee (?) and anxiety which they are 'considering' involving CAHMS. OMG no one has said anything to me about any of this before. My daughter's anxiety is being used as a reason to reduce my contact without any evidence whatsoever as to what is causing it.

I am still getting nowhere asking for a copy of the current contact assessment or care plan (my copy from court is dated November 2016!). I am being stonewalled. Now with Covid-19 my son won't see his sister this month (alternate Month) and I won't have any contact until June at the earliest (every 4 months). There has never been any indirect contact and it is unlikely to be put in place now.

What can I do to stop being left out of decison making and not being consulted or kept up to date about important things about my daughter? They are the 'corporate parent' and should be working with me and keeping me up to date. I will be writing a formal complaint as the IRO is useless.

A123

Re: Not consulted about my daughter's care decisions

Post by A123 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:36 pm

hiya
i'm going through similar myself atm its a nightmare only difference i've not been invited to a LAC since they had the court order in october 2017 the social worker at the the time did not like me one bit she changed in 2018/19 i think i've had 2/3 social workers since and i keep telling them i'm not being invited so they tell me they will ring me a week or so before hand to confirm the date and time that never happens, i wanted my daughter in a welsh school like my oldest 2 they refused as kinship carer has 2 children in an English school, my contact was decided in court 6 times a year but because i had shoulder surgery in December 2018 and couldn't drive 10+ miles (one way) social worker said it would have been pointless catching 3 busses as i would have spent longer on the busses than in contact to wait until i could drive to arrange contact little did i know she had reduced my contact down to 3 times a year and that conversation was not recorded so it was made out that i could not be bothered, i finally had a face to face contact after lockdown in july was told it would be out of the contact centre 1st time in 3 years (never had an issue with any of my contacts) turns out it was me, my daughter, the social worker, the kinship carer and her son who i'm not joking every other word that come out of his mouth was disgusting swear word after swear word he's 8 (my contact is only meant to be me my daughter and a contact worker not everyone else), ive now got legal advice and waiting on legal aid to make a decision to go into court to discharge the order this local authority has allowed my daughter to go to this woman after this woman has allowed a sex offender around her own kids and the social worker said that's fine, my daughter was removed from my mother because she would have to share a room with her sister now she shares one with this woman's daughter, they make reports up depending on the outcome they want because my ex is emotionally abusive as well as physically and his probation officer told the social worker in meetings he is very manipulative in court social worker tells the court he stays out of prison for i think it was 3 months she will assess him and he can have unsupervised and over nights he was asking for (his prison record is pages long theft, fraud)
same ex in my oldest daughters case had the gaurdian wrapped around his little finger with sob stories, my daughter is 11 (9 at the time) hes made no effort to see her hes been in prison most of her life if not all of it, so he doesn't want to be in court they brought him out of prison for it, the guardian goes to the prison to meet him he fills him some sob story of how we me and mother stopped him seeing my daughter, how hes written letters and he doesnt think shes been getting them (he had never written any or made any attempts to have anything to do with her apart from phoning the jeremy kyle show for a DNA test which obviously he didn't tell the court that part or that i had to get a solicitor to send him a letter over it) but he was pretty much claiming parent alienation and they believed him he gets to write letters until he comes out of prison in october and if he can be bothered they will assess him for supervised contact but my oldest isn't bothered with his letters she doesn't write back (he's already lied to her and the social worker has said she's not interested in what happend when my daughter was a baby so basically he can carry on with his lies and my daughter was left confused)