Not consulted about my daughter's care decisions

charmed1

Not consulted about my daughter's care decisions

Post by charmed1 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:33 am

Hi everyone. My daughter has a learning diability and is vulnerable. There has been discussions previously around possibly giving her something to supress her periods. Nothing happened for several LAC reviews it being noted that the carer was helping my daughter manage them. I then read in the new social worker's (my daughter's 6th SW since 2016) report which was only given to me at the review which was earlier this month that she "continues to take a hormone pill" What hormone pill? Unfortuntely because of a lot of interuption from a latecomer I didn't read the report fully and only noticed this part when I got home. I emailed the sw the next morning putting a direct question to her about when this started, what she was taking and why I hadn't been consulted about this as the IRO had previously reported I would be before any decison was made. My daughter also has an issue with a clicky knee (?) and anxiety which they are 'considering' involving CAHMS. OMG no one has said anything to me about any of this before. My daughter's anxiety is being used as a reason to reduce my contact without any evidence whatsoever as to what is causing it.

I am still getting nowhere asking for a copy of the current contact assessment or care plan (my copy from court is dated November 2016!). I am being stonewalled. Now with Covid-19 my son won't see his sister this month (alternate Month) and I won't have any contact until June at the earliest (every 4 months). There has never been any indirect contact and it is unlikely to be put in place now.

What can I do to stop being left out of decison making and not being consulted or kept up to date about important things about my daughter? They are the 'corporate parent' and should be working with me and keeping me up to date. I will be writing a formal complaint as the IRO is useless.