No hope at discharging care orders.

Cat55555

No hope at discharging care orders.

Post by Cat55555 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:05 pm

I have recently been back to discharge a care order, it seems no matter what you do it will be down to judge.

The original judge was on my side then we had a new one for the trial.

Social, ISW and cafcass said I did significant change. I also went over and beyond. Judge agreed, I met the criteria for section 39 discharge and more.

The let down was I was back at court was my ex he was called hostile, negative and paranoid.

My little girl doesn’t live with him but his parents, his parents was fine apart from the grandad was like his son hostile and allegations.

The care order wasn’t discharged based on ground of conflict which can be emotionally harmful for the child but it was only present as in court arena with emotions high. It was noted it was paternal side only.

However this has lost all hope even if social, ISW and cafcass agreed the judge didn’t. So this makes it more complicated for anyone.

Luckily I can take it back at any point not wait another 6 months like the care order was done. But conflict needs sorting first compared to judge. I understand where he’s coming from but it’s unfair to be penalised for their behaviour as it proves that they can do it just to stop her coming home on purpose now.

I suppose a court order the judge has done has made findings against them for allegations.

So I’m gonna do what I can for this conflict even if they don’t and refuse again I’m gonna do a course how to handle it and hopefully if they play up it doesn’t penalise me.

Thresholds no longer exist that’s getting updated in court order just conflict.

Maybe a closer step forward it’s upsetting but it’s like another hurdle. I hope we get some good news on here eventually however I suppose positive side is I took it back after 6 months and was praised for significant changes in that times scale.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: No hope at discharging care orders.

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:40 pm

Dear Cat55555

Welcome back to the parents’ discussion board and thank you for your updating post.

I am sorry to hear that your recent court application to discharge the care order for your daughter was unsuccessful. It is understandable that this is very disappointing for you but I think you should take heart that the professionals agreed that you have worked hard to make some really significant changes in a short space of time which is evidence of your determination to be able to care for your little girl again.

You have also stated very positively that you are going to do a course to help address the concerns about conflict which sounds like a very good idea. Do keep the board updated about how you get on as it is very helpful for other parents to know what programmes are out there that can help address concerns.

With best wishes

Suzie