Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:38 pm


Post by RZUB » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:00 am

Hi my name is RXXX I need advice on how to get custody of my daughter back who is currently residing in XXXXX, 3 years ago I was accused of not safeguarding my daughter who was 5 years old then. They took my daughter away with out any court proceedings and said that they will keep my daughter for 1 month while they were investigating the claim of sexual abuse. That was never found and they still didn’t return my daughter back to me and said that she is suffering trauma due to the sexual abuse and that I am not able to look after her properly, the child is currently under foster care and I have been having a contact with her on regular basis. I have since had another child and am living in UK and haven’t been able to see her but have spoken to her over the phone. This situation is making us both very anxious, I would like to apply for the custody of my daughter again as there is no allegations which were ever proved against me. I would like some advice on how I can do this , I do have a lawyer in XXXXX who I was advised to engage when I contacted the human rights for support. I will be happy if my child is allowed to live with me with a social worker working with the family until they are happy with my parenting.
Last edited by Suzie, FRG Adviser on Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited by Suzie to ensure confidentiality

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2817
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: hi

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:13 pm


Welcome to the parents discussion board and thank you for your post. My name is Suzie, FRG’s online adviser. I am sorry that we have not been able to respond to you sooner and also to hear of your current difficulties.

I think your query relates to applying for your child (who lives in another country) to be returned to your care from foster care. Unfortunately, we can only advise families who have involvement from children’s services in England or Wales. Although you are living in the UK I understand that the child concerned is abroad. We cannot advise you about this. You would probably be best contacting an advice service in the country in which your daughter lives and continuing to liaise with the solicitor you have already contacted.

If I have misunderstood the situation and your query relates to a child in England or Wales or placed abroad by an English or Welsh council then please do post again to let us know and so that we can give you some advice.

I hope that you are able to get the advice that you need.

With best wishes


Post Reply