Discharging care order

Cat55555

Discharging care order

Post by Cat55555 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:57 pm

Unfortunately I can’t get legal aid and don’t have the money to pay.

I’m going to represent myself and filed paperwork as my eveidence is above and beyond.

All I need to know as I posted before to why this has happened basically a domestic abuse relationship I was stuck in.

If the local authority doesn’t agree but the cafcass officer agrees to discharge is this more of a likely thing the courts will take favour of cafcass view than local authority. They aren’t discharging but have no issues with me.

Can any one advise is cafcass more influential than a local authority?

Thank you

Jells12

Re: Discharging care order

Post by Jells12 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:09 pm

Hi, I read your post and I'm so sorry to hear what you're going though.

Cafcass are seen as a higher authority. There recommendations are taken very seriously within family court.

Cat55555

Post by Cat55555 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:52 pm

Thank you for that information, I know cafcass was on my side last time but judge went against an adjournment as the judge we got was a temp at last minute as local authority got called out by cafcass.

However cafcass worker to me to do work on domestic abuse to get clued up and educated so never in that same position again and hope it’s the same cafcass worker as she told me to come back and then a child arrangement order could be put in place.

I’m hoping it’s the same one.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:39 pm

Dear Cat55555

Thank you for your posts.

Firstly from what you say the CAFCASS officer has suggested to you that if you undertake work relating to understanding domestic violence, he/she will ‘support’ your request to have your child returned to your care the next time you are in court. If you have not done so please contact Women’s Aid for help and support around evidencing that you are free of domestic abuse and fully understand its impact on children and families.

You have said that your daughter is under a care order and lives with her grandparents. It is therefore important for you to speak with the independent reviewing officer at the next looked after child review meeting about your plans for your daughter. I would imagine that a conversation may have already taken place with the social worker responsible for your daughter and with her grandparents, who from what you say have been caring for her for some time: are they happy with your plan? I understand that they do not have parental responsibility, I ask this question because it may be helpful for your case. You may find it useful to read our response to you on 8th of February.

Please do post an answer to the questions in this response or alternatively, call us on our confidential advice service, open Monday to Friday, 9.30am – 3.00pm on 0808 801 0366.

Best wishes

Suzie

Cat55555

Post by Cat55555 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:15 am

Hi suzie,

The grandparents are wanting to agree with it as the grandparents are my ex’s parents. They are always full of conflict.

I have done work with domestic abuse and gained certificates for all courses.

I’m just wanting to know if cafcass has a higher opinion over everyone else that the judge will agree with.

Luckily we have a judge who is against domestic abuse and may understand