Not happy with social worker

Moonlight

Not happy with social worker

Post by Moonlight » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi,
How do I find out what me childrens social work should be tell me?

Miserylovescompany2

Re: Not happy with social worker

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:26 pm

Hello Moonlight

It is difficult to offer advice without any details? Each case is different...

What has the social worker done or said that you are not happy about?

Moonlight

Post by Moonlight » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:37 pm

I believe that the sw is nit informing me of all the information about my children and tbe case?
Also there is things writen about me in reports that i think are incorect i have said that things are wrong but she said it not important. I think it is because when other sw are reading it or managers they will be getting the wrong information?

Miserylovescompany2

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:51 pm

It is very important that the information recorded is correct and you have every right to challenge this. It might be an idea to go through what you do have with a highlighter. You've already attempted to rectify your concerns with the SW so I'd take this above the SW and to her manager. If you don't feel they have addressed your concern either you could initiate a formal complaint.

You can access the information held on you and your children by submitting a freedom of information request. I've done this in the past for my eldest son and it cost £15. It takes quite a while to come and you need to make separate requests for each person.

Moonlight

Post by Moonlight » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:15 pm

The things said in reports im saying are incorrect are, for example she say, "i refused to have my 20 month old weight". This is not true and the health visitor who i ment to have refused this will bavk me up.

Miserylovescompany2

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:33 pm

I'd challenge this - because what they have written is misleading. Is your child on a plan - CIN (child in need) or CPP (child protection plan)

Moonlight

Post by Moonlight » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:45 pm

Section 20. My Daughter is in fc and my son is with my mum. (Our relationship has broken down, mine and my mums)

Miserylovescompany2

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:00 pm

Then it's very important that all information is accurate - you hold PR and should be involved in all decisions made on both your son and daughter. Are they both under at section 20? My son (13yo) is in the care system under a full care order - I have shared PR - I have fought to be included in the making of decisions.

Your children might not be living with you right now but you are still their mother and have a right to be not only included but also to be kept informed. Children's services should be transparent - the only time when this is not possible is when there are safeguarding concerns and information sharing could harm the child.

Is the relationship breakdown with your mother fixable?

Moonlight

Post by Moonlight » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:13 pm

I dont think we can come back from this.
My kids went about this time 7 weeks ago and I didnt hear from any of my family for days. I understand they are hurting to. But they wouldnt of even know if i was alive or dead. (I was extremely broken hearted, still am)

Miserylovescompany2

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:56 pm

I am so sorry to hear that. You needed support not judgement. Are any of your family giving you support through this?

My own son who is now 13yo has been in the care system since June 2017 when CS initiated care proceedings. I had no family support and still don't. In the beginning I was in a complete state of shock, I just about muddled through each day. I will admit there were some very dark days when I just wanted to cease existing. I focused on my son and building our relationship. I sought help very early on from my GP as I was struggling - I've been on medication for both severe anxiety and depression ever since. In hindsight I probably needed to ask for help a very long time ago. I can't change that. I can't change any of what happened - I can address the here and now. That's my focus.