Not happy with social worker

Moonlight

Re: Not happy with social worker

Post by Moonlight » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:00 pm

Im having very bad dark days!! My money gas stopped so i cant even see my daughter tomorrow as the ticket is £16.30 and i have no money i luve to see her !! :( :(

Moonlight

Post by Moonlight » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:06 pm

Sorry i ment to say I live to see her!! I dont see any point if we dont see each other! :(

Miserylovescompany2

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:33 am

Moonlight,

Children's Services have to promote contact and if needs be fund transport for either the child(ren) or the parent. There is also money available for activities. Have you spoken to the SW about your financial situation? Because they should be helping you and signposting you to agencies and organisations that might be able to help. I would also suggest you ask about advocacy - someone to give you support and to make sure your voice is heard and your needs are being me.

If you are in receipt of benefits you will most likely qualify for legal aid - a solicitor would be able to assist you and know your legal rights.

Have you spoken to your GP about how you are feeling? They will listen and won't make judgments. Your MH is very important. I actually phoned the Samaritans on a number of occasions and this helped - just knowing someone was listening, not judging and wasn't telling me to do X, Y or Z. I was already feeling overwhelmed and I don't need a list of "to, do's"...

What time is your contact today, how far do you have to travel? When my son was with his FC he was dropped off at a meeting point and accompanied by a contact supervisor. I didn't have to travel. It was always within reasonable walking distance.

Miserylovescompany2

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:54 pm

...also, CAB are very knowledgable about benefits and your entitlement - they have a phone, email and drop in service. They might be able to offer advice and signposting.

The housing department also have a discretionary fund for those in receipt of housing benefit especially if there has been change to circumstances.

Moonlight - funding is available. Unfortunately, CS will not openly offer any unless you ask. I receive expenses for each contact with my son. I've also been told if my son wishes to do an activity that costs more I should make then make them aware in advance and the funding will be sought. I had to fight for this. Which is the last thing any parent needs when they are already struggling to drag themselves through every day. Contact is so important for the child and money or lack there of should not be a barrier for any parent to worry about on top of everything else they are having to contend with.

Moonlight

Post by Moonlight » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:47 pm

:cry: Im really scared it's to late & I've lost my kids!
I'm not sure what's happening, why sw are moving thing so fast!
Is there anybody who can talk privately please?
Moonlight. X

Miserylovescompany2

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:29 am

Moonlight

You can seek advice by phoning the free FRG number. Sometimes it takes a while to get through but keep trying. It's confidential - if you give them your name and contact details they will make a record of your conversation and the subsequent advice so if/when you call again you don't have to repeat your story. You don't have to share your details - it's up to you.

I know it feels like you have lost your children because right now they are not living with you. You can turn this around.

Misery x

Moonlight

Post by Moonlight » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:36 am

I really hope so! Ive been ringing and ringing with no ans xxx

Miserylovescompany2

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:48 am

It took me 40 attempts one day but my perseverance paid off - keep trying...

When you do get through don't keep any of the details back. Nobody is going to judge but it is very important that you tell them the current concerns to ensure they can advise you accordingly. I know this is frightening for you right now.

Xx

Moonlight

Post by Moonlight » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:07 am

There is so much im not happy wuth and i think they r doing wrong and when i go to meetings i fall apart

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:31 pm

Dear Moonlight

I am Suzie one of FRGs online advisers, I will be answering the questions you have posted on our Discussion Board.

You have asked about what Children’s Services role should be when social workers are involved with your children. From what I understand you have been assessed and the social worker has written a report (some of which you disagree with) and your children are not currently in your care.

For your son who is with your mother and for your daughter who is in unrelated foster care you may have given your agreement (under Section 20) and their social workers by this time, must have prepared a care plan for your children. The care plan is a requirement and should have been prepared either before the ‘removal’ of your children (if that was possible) or within 10 days of their removal; the plan must be shared with you too. I think it would be useful for you to ask the social worker for a copy of the care plan for your children. We have an advice sheet that will tell you more about this it is called Children looked after by Children’s Services under a voluntary arrangement please have a read of page 12. The advice sheet also tells you more about contact with your children and advises that Children’s Services may help with travel arrangements, see page 13.

I am sorry to read that your relationship has broken down with your family they too should know what and how Children’s Services should be doing for your son whilst he is in their care, here is our advice sheet about this it is called,Relatives and friends taking on the care of a vulnerable child in an emergency.

You have said that you find it hard in meetings, here is our advice sheet aboutAdvocacy for families when social workers make plans for their children, please read from the bottom of page 5.

I understand that you have been trying to call us on our advice service. We are fully staffed but have been very busy, do keep trying to call us. Our line is open Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 3.30pm on 0808 801 0366. In the meantime, please have a look at our FAQs.

I hope this information is useful.

Best wishes

Suzie