Revoke placement orders

LgMama001

Revoke placement orders

Post by LgMama001 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:49 pm

Hi I am going back to court on 15th January 2019 to try and revoke placement orders on my 2 youngest children
I have my 4 youngest in care my 14 and 11 year olds are on long term foster care and my youngest 2 (5 and 7 years old) are on care plans with placement orders they have not been placed with any prospective adopters yet they went into care July 2017 and care orders were made 22nd November 2017
my ex partner was taking cocaine and smoking cannabis (which came through in my drug tests in small amounts) and we had a few arguments the neighbours made several complaints and the house was a mess due to me dealing with our children on my own (my 7 year old has autism and severe behavioural difficulties and was constantly trashing things and smashing house up ) I have fibromyalgia and i was exhausted
Since care orders have been made I have seperated from childrens dad although we still get on there are no drugs been taken for over a year, no complaints from neighbours I have done courses on parenting and domestic violence and had physical and online help with my mental and physical health
We were talking with a solicitor and have already paid in excess of 1000 pounds they now want another 1200 pounds by monday 7th January which is impossible for us to achieve so we are now going to court without a solicitor does anyone have any tips or advice as i feel a bit of a wreck trying to get my head around where to start or what to say when we get into court
thankyou in advance

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Revoke placement orders

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:58 pm

Dear LgMama001,

Welcome to the Parent’s Forum.
I am sorry to hear that your 4 children are in the care of the local authority. The youngest two have been subject to placement orders since November 2017 but they have not yet been placed. In the meantime, you have made significant changes addressing the issues that were raised before, which prevented you keeping your children. You should have evidence of the work you have done and the changes that have occurred which will be relevant. Have the changes you have made been assessed at all. If not, then the court would be waiting this to happen.
You have applied to revoke the placement orders on the basis of these changes.

You can no longer afford to instruct solicitors and want to know how to proceed next week.

First, have you tried to organise any free representation or support for court next week?
Your solicitor could urgently refer your case to the Weareadvocates to see whether a free barrister could represent you at court.
Can your solicitor continue to work behind the scenes-at a lesser cost –so set out for you, what to expect at the first court appointment and what directions you should ask for?

You could have the support of a friend or advocate in court known as a Mackenzie friend?
Here is guidance about hearings.

You do nor say at what stage the court application has reached? For me to give more detailed advice I would need to know this.
As the court hearing is so soon, it seems unlikely that I can give more detailed advice. However, you could try calling our advice line instead.

Best wishes,

Suzie