Exhausted, confused and lost - Please read Part Two

QuestionMark

Exhausted, confused and lost - Please read Part Two

Post by QuestionMark » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:39 pm

This is the transcript from the swift LAC review Meeting held today (with a different social worker - the one over-seeing everything who I want a replacement of as she is simply just mean to me):

If someone could please be honest with me, how badly did I handle this? I'm not the kind of person to confront people so I'm still feeling rattled and this meeting was 7 hours ago.

Also, did I make any valid points that I could raise in court? Did the social worker say anything way out of hand that I could complain about/raise (I've already spoken to her manager about the manipulative comment)? Is there anything in the above that shows the professionals are not following proper procedure? I ask because, although I have been involved with CS for 17 months I still get shocked by things they say etc. Should CS be at least preparing for the outcome that I get to take my son home as I do have such a positive parental assessment??

Any advice is welcomed

Thanks

**** transcript removed as breaches our rules about confidentiality.

Miserylovescompany2

Re: Exhausted, confused and lost - Please read Part Two

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:12 pm

The SW stone walled you - now that is a manipulative move. The IRO is not acting indepentantly - they are also backing the SW.

You handled yourself well and stood your ground. The SW comes across as the manipulator with the full backing of the IRO.

I have had this in LAC reviews also - so many conversations happen behind the scenes. It's like this is just the ticking of another box for them. The SW comes across as if she is getting pleasure from putting you down. That is not professional.

The court go off CS recommendations - this SW is on a power trip.