Supportive Social Worker Gave Advice - Thoughts?

QuestionMark

Supportive Social Worker Gave Advice - Thoughts?

Post by QuestionMark » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:32 am

I've been having ongoing assessments with a social worker who is actually kind. She is, unfortunately, not the social worker in charge of my case but thankfully she is who is assessing me. She has 20 years worth of experience, had a daughter at a young age herself who experienced a poor relationship and so has a level of insight others lack. She's described me as "kind", "strong" and "likable" and she's also said that the only negative thing that she could put in her report is that I've been left in the pool of possible perpatrators, other than that she has no concerns at all. She then said that her advice to me is finding a way to be removed from the pool and that she hopes that this will be addressed during these proceedings. She also said that she hopes the inquest regarding my sons death (which is yet to happen) will change this. She's even spoken to me about, if I got my baby boy home, would I want to have my daughter back in my care (of course); "it would make no sense to say you can have one child but not the other" is what she said.

So, my questions are; How would an inquest regarding my sons death change things at this point? And how on earth can I be removed from the pool? Is this something they will actually take into consideration during these proceedings?

QuestionMark

Re: Supportive Social Worker Gave Advice - Thoughts?

Post by QuestionMark » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:46 pm

Just an update: I saw the social worker for the last time today, it was more casual today, my sister visited whilst she was visiting and we just chatted. She wasn't taking notes on this occasion. I took the opportunity to share with her my concerns regarding the social worker who is over-seeing both of my children's cases (as she has withheld reports from the court etc) and she advised I speak with the manager. I informed her of my daughters father (who currently has her full-time) having issues with being too tired caring for her and having sent her to my parents home yesterday - my parents told me she arrived at their house with a dirty face and odd shoes. The social worker acknowledged that had it been myself who put my daughter in odd shoes, I would have been heavily scrutinized for it and said that their needs to be balance in the way that myself and my daughters father is treated, which I appreciate as the normal social worker protects him quite a bit. I also informed her of occasions that contact workers have left me unsupervised with my son and said I would like to use this as a stepping stone towards unsupervised contact fully, she advised I tell my solicitor and I explained I already have and she emailed the local authority but we are yet to receive a response. She reiterated that she has absolutely no concerns with how I care for my children or how I interact with them, the only negative is that I've been left in the pool - she then asked if I've spoken to my solicitor about trying to be removed from the pool (I have but have had no response yet as she is on holiday). I feel she's really rooting for me but I'm scared to my core that the one negative of being left in the pool will outweigh all of the positives - I'm praying she gives me a positive assessment but I won't find out until January. x

Miserylovescompany2

Re: Supportive Social Worker Gave Advice - Thoughts?

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:33 pm

Just a thought - have you ever discussed the possibility with anyone of having a separate social worker? I think you would be justified in requesting one.

I am pleased you feel the SW who is currently undertaking an assessment makes you feel at ease. That is how all interactions should be - unfortunately in the majority of cases you find the opposite is said.

With regard to the pool of perpetrators - I wish that I had the answers or even the knowledge to correctly signpost you. Sadly I do not.

Misery x