3 disabled placed in foster care

Greatdefender

3 disabled placed in foster care

Post by Greatdefender » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:14 pm

Loving mum and dad of 9 kids, 3 disabled. Due to their condition they need a lot of care. Care given by mum and dad, mum has anxiety. Court under direction of health believe we don’t give adequate care. We do and have for twelve years, but missed some appointments. The health board said it would take 3 months to put a care package together for us to support us. At court I found out that aunt and uncle trained to provide care under direction of social services, but this withheld from mum and dad till court.
Isn’t this reason to appeal the judgement.
The foster carers have only basic knowledge and not the experience of mum and dad, dad had to show them how to provide some care and just knows they cannot provide such a high level of care dad and mum used to providing. Since court 4 other friends have volunteered to lend support.
My solicitor says we don’t have grounds to appeal as nothing has changed, 7 days left to appeal. Advice please

Miserylovescompany2

Re: 3 disabled placed in foster care

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:32 pm

Hello

I will give you a truthful response - I do not believe in 7 days this can be turned around.

If I were in this position I'd be asking the solicitor why they didn't feel the circumstances had not changed significantly with the additional information regarding the support network info? You could also ask what would need to be done - ask for specifics. I would ask these questions to both CS and your solicitor.

Might I add the above is merely an opinion from a parent. I am sorry you are going through this. I have been through the court system myself and its brutal my outcome was not a positive one either.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: 3 disabled placed in foster care

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:28 pm

Dear Greatdfender

I have responded to your post on another thread as you posted the same post twice.

Best wishes

Suzie