Help

A123

Help

Post by A123 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:17 am

I'm back in court next month for irh hearing I've just had my parenting assessment done an it was negitive based on a psychologist report saying I have traits of emotionally unstable personality disorder and need over a years worth of therapy which is not available on the nhs an they are suing that against me well the gaurdian come to see me In contact an met with me after she basically called me a fraud for being on pip as according to her I have no mobility issues an I can walk (I was in a bad car accident last year where I nearly died an I've got pins an plates in my leg and now I've developed arthritis) she basically made me out to be a compulsive lier, she told me I should pay for the therapy I need and because she reduced me to tears she said I can see you squeezing your eyes you need to let it all out as she was talking about adoption as that's my daughter's only other option telling me it's what I want because it's best for my child well no its not what I want for my child I want her home with me I've been stable for 3 years not medicated although I've just started medication for anxiety I have positive feedback in lac reviews an conference off all professionals inc the health visitor I'm just so scared they will say I'm not good enough for the 4th time as the gaurdian said if I got pregnant after 3 years it will be different but I said I can't go through this with social services again its breaking my heart

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Help

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:06 pm

Dear A123

I am sorry that you have failed your assessment and that you are worried that you will have a negative outcome at the Issues Resolution Hearing.

Perhaps the best thing to do is to ensure that you speak with your solicitor about all the positive work you have done to show that you can meet the needs of your child, you should do this before he or she meets with the other parties. It would be useful to provide your solicitor with evidence, such as the length of time your mental health has been stable and what you have done to keep it that way. You should also point out that other professionals have confidence in you and let the solicitor know that you do not agree with the Guardian about your child being adopted.

We have suggested before, that you read our advice sheets, please do have a look at our advice sheet about Care (and related) proceedings and our sheet about Adoption: what does it mean for birth parents?.

Best wishes

Suzie