ICO

worriedmum18

ICO

Post by worriedmum18 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 pm

I am accused of fabricating illness in my daughter.

Last week we attended a PLO meeting during which, on the advice of my solicitor, I declined to sign an agreement for my children to live with their dad pending assessments.

They have been resident with me (two nights a week with their dad), since the beginning of the inquiry in April (I was made aware in June).

The LA have applied to the courts for an Interim Care Order.

Following the PLO meeting I arranged for my mum to move in with me to provide supervision. I am supervised in all my interactions with the children. She sees and hears everything. She is a retired social worker. If she goes to the toilet, I stand outside the door talking so that she can hear me and knows what I'm doing. She showers when the children are at school.

What are the chances of the judge agreeing that this arrangement continues? For now the LA have apposed my mum and the children's dad to supervise me. My sister is prepared to come and live with me on a long term basis if necessary. So there are three people prepared to supervise.

It is obviously tricky for the adults but is naural for the children and being managed well. It is far better for them than an enforced separation from me, which they are terrified about.

Is there any chance that the judge will allow this to continue pending the assessments the LA have asked for?

Kami2018

Re: ICO

Post by Kami2018 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:31 pm

U haven't really gave any details of why u are to be supervised with your children or what u mean when u say u have been accused of fabricating your child's illness so it's hard to get the full picture

worriedmum18

Post by worriedmum18 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:04 pm

That's pretty much it.

I have been accused of fabricating my daughter's diabetes.

There is a suggestion that I could have given her medication not prescribed for her (I haven't and there is no evidence of this).

I'm being supervised to ensure I don't medicate her or test her blood sugar, which I have no intention of doing.

Kami2018

Post by Kami2018 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:42 pm

Wow I'm speechless why would they think this they have to have grounds to suggest this have u asked for them to prove what u say is false because with out evidence how can they do this crazy

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:25 pm

Dear worriedmum18,

Welcome to the Parents Forum.
I can see that children’s services have applied for interim care orders in respect of your children.

They had asked that you agree to them living with dad until assessments are completed. You have not agreed but have come forward with a plan that involves your grandmother, dad and your sister supervising you as a way to safeguard your children.

To obtain interim care orders, children services would need to show that your children are at risk of serious harm and that the supervision levels that you have put in place are not protective enough. That your children’s safety demands immediate temporary protection.

From what you say, children services see the risk to your daughter as being potentially very high-subject to assessments. If she was administered medication for diabetes, which could be done in a matter of seconds-it is likely this would be very dangerous to her health.

So how water tight is the supervision plan? Is it protective enough?
Children services would need to be sure that dad, grandmother and aunt could protect against you administering medication. Assessments of them would need to take place to ensure that they can be protective. have you given their names to the social worker so that the assessments can start?
How can your children be protected at night time? Does grandmother stay awake or is she sleeping in the same room as your children? If this isn’t possible, is there any flexibility around dad staying at night while you leave the home? What other plans are being considered to minimize the risks to your children?

I assume children services plan is remove the children from you and place with their father? You should be receiving a proposed interim care plan which set out where it is proposed your children should live and how much contact between you and the children they propose and how your contact will be supervised.

Here is our advice sheet about care proceedings . Please see page 21 onwards which sets the court process. Page 24 details when an interim care order can be ordered.

A positive factor of care proceedings is that your children will have a guardian (court social worker) appointed by the court and a solicitor to represent their views. The guardians role is to make enquires about your children and decide what is in their best interests.
It will be a fresh pair of eyes examining children services proposed care plan.

Here is guidance around safeguarding children when fabricated and induced illness is suspected.

I hope this advice helps but if you have any questions, please post back or call our confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366 for further advice.
Best wishes,

Suzie

worriedmum18

Post by worriedmum18 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:48 pm

Thank you so much.

We attended Court today and have been allowed to continue with supervision until a proper hearing on 8th October.

It was a close call.

My mum is sleeping in the room with my daughter (the one in whom diabetes is believed to have been fabricated).

There hasn't been medication administered. But the LA believe there could have been.
I have fully complied and handed over all equipment to the LA.

I hope that at the next hearing, as long as the arrangement has worked, it will be difficult for the LA to make a case for removal.

Cass123

What !!!!

Post by Cass123 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:56 pm

Hi ya r they trying to say u exaggerated your kids illness or lied about it they take the piss