Nervous over complaining about vindictive social worker

Post Reply
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:10 pm

Nervous over complaining about vindictive social worker

Post by SunshineStarRainbow » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:53 pm

Hi all,

My first post here. I’m wanting to complain about my social worker; she’s entered false information about me into court, completely fabricated some of the stuff she’s entered, she’s given me false hope and she’s lied to me and all about pretty serious things but I’m afraid to complain about her. I know it’s the right thing to do, for me and my children and to make sure things are done properly but she’s vindictive; my grandma was supervising my contact and then the moment my grandma challenged the social worker on some of the things she’s done, the social worker removed her from supervising contact. I’m terrified that if I speak out about the injustices she has caused she’s prevent me from seeing my children. Any advice?

Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Re: Nervous over complaining about vindictive social worker

Post by Kami2018 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:07 pm

You need to talk to the manager personally I've always had a great relationship with a social worker I've had to have recently so I've never had any experience with one who I'd call bad and vindictive but you have to have your say if your saying she's fabricating you truth

Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:09 am

Re: Nervous over complaining about vindictive social worker

Post by Gi55 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Totally understand, and sympathise. I personally have realised now what others are talking about it is horrendous how evil some social workers can be. This is a difficult one. The one thing I could suggest is based on your complaint on evidence and not hearsay or emotions and speculation. If you have any proof then I would complain. Because really they cannot breach their own policy.

Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Re: Nervous over complaining about vindictive social worker

Post by Kami2018 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:44 pm

It really gets to me that people are so againezt social workers they are doing a job is all and this assessment is based on what I wrote in my first post there is nothing to be scared of and if you seem defensive and panicky I would assume that would raise children's services concerns

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2212
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Nervous over complaining about vindictive social worker

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:38 pm

Dear SunshineStarRainbow

Welcome to the parents’ discussion board.

My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group. I am sorry that you are feeling worried and nervous about the social worker and whether you should make a complaint regarding incorrect information being given about you.

It is difficult for anyone to have children’s services involved with their family and sometimes hard to work with the social workers and other professionals. However, it is always best to try and engage as positively as you can.

You say in your post that the social worker has given ‘false information’ about you into court. This suggests to me that you are currently involved in care proceedings and if this is the case you should have a solicitor representing you. It is really important that if there is incorrect information about you in any social worker’s statement or assessment you should discuss this with your solicitor who will be able to ask about this on your behalf. Also, your solicitor can make sure that the court is made aware of any inaccuracies.
Please read our advice sheet relating to Care (and related) proceedings

I think you should ask your solicitor to find out the reason your grandmother was no longer considered suitable to supervise contact. It may be that the social worker believed that your grandmother was more focussed on you and not the needs of the children.
Assuming the court case is still going on the social worker will at some stage be questioned by your solicitor or other legal representative about what she or he has written about you.

Unfortunately, you have not given any details about how children’s services became involved with you and your children. Children’s services have a safeguarding role for children to make sure they are being brought up in a safe environment so if they receive information that this is not the case, it has to be investigated.

As you are in court at present in what I think are care proceedings, there would be a care plan for your children setting out how much contact you will have with them. The social worker cannot change this without giving a good reason. If you have difficulties with contact you can speak with the independent reviewing officer (IRO) whose role is to oversee the care plan and make sure that the children’s welfare needs are being met. The social worker can give you the name of the IRO.

Please read our advice sheet about the Duties on Children’s Services when children are in the care system.

Should you decide you want to make a complaint, discuss this with your solicitor and have a look at Challenging decisions and making complaints for more information about this.

If you would like to speak to an advser about your case, feel free to telephone our free confidential advice line on 0808 801 366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes


Post Reply