need help please.

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:02 pm

need help please.

Post by slim » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:47 am

hi can anyone advise me please, my children have been in care a few years now and I would like contact with them. They live in a different part of the country I have been advised toseek a solicitor but trying to get one that will help with children being in different part of country they were taking off me because have mental health problems but I am treated now could anyone help.

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2285
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: need help please.

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:02 am

Dear Slim

Thank you for your post.

I think your first point of contact should be with the local authority who made the care order. Our advice sheet about Duties on Children’s Services when children are in the care system and our sheet about Contact with children in care might be useful to you.

May I also suggest that you contact the charity Mind, they offer advice and support to people with mental health problems.

I hope you find this information useful.

Best wishes


Post Reply