my children in care due to false allegations and facts

Hopkins

Re: my children in care due to false allegations and facts

Post by Hopkins » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:57 pm

Me and my partner are going through the same thing right now, as for appealing it is your right to appeal weather or not it will make a difference is irrelevant. We just had a fact finding and everything was found even things we proved are not recorded any were and pure hearsay this whole system is a mess my daughter is just wanting to A......... come home and gets upset. She also wets herself ( she is in foster care ) and that has been blamed on me, because I had some phone contact which they have no suspended.
Just keep fighting and don't stop!!!!

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:57 pm

Hi Hopkins

I have sent you a personal message, and edited your post slightly, because if I have understood correctly, you have put some identifying details about your child in it.

I hope this is ok.

Best Wishes

Suzie

Zahira1980

Post by Zahira1980 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:25 pm

Hi Suzie
My son that side that he was abused by his step father now has tolled the judge
That is did not happen and the judge has taken that out of the fact finding
And what are the chaces are for me to get the children back in my care as this was the key
Of the interim care that has been taken out and I am going to change my statment
Saying the domestic violence happen only once as I had tolled the court more then that toke place
What are the chaces for me to get the kids back if you can plz help me
Wrighting the statment
Thank you
Zahira

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:52 pm

Hello again Zahira,

Thanks for the updated information.

The reality is I do not have enough information to advise you of the chances of the children being returned to your care. Only someone who has very in-depth knowledge about your case and has seen all the court papers would be able to. I recommend that you speak to your solicitor as they are best placed to advise you about this.

Your solicitor will also help you write your statement. You should have a meeting with your solicitor where you get the chance to talk about all the background information and everything you want to put in your statement and they will draft it for you. In our care proceedings advice sheet (http://www.frg.org.uk/images/Advice_She ... edings.pdf) at page 25 there is lots of advice about how to work effectively with your solicitor.

Regarding changing your statement about the domestic violence, it is very important that you tell the Court the truth. It is a criminal offence to tell lies to the Court either verbally or in a written document, like a statement. Therefore you should only change your statement if you didn’t tell the truth before. You need to speak to your solicitor about this and listen to their advice. Changing your statement won’t necessarily mean the children will be returned to your care. In fact the Court and the other professionals will be unimpressed if they think you haven’t been honest with them in the past and it can make you look unreliable. Being open, honest and working co-operatively with Children’s Services and all the other professionals is the best way to achieve an outcome you are happy with.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie

Zahira1980

Post by Zahira1980 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi Suzie
Thank you for your advice I have tolled
The truth with your help as when I was trying
To tell my lawyer she would tell me that it will
Not be good if I say this things in a statement
But I still have as what she was saying it is not