Supervision order

Jay23729

Supervision order

Post by Jay23729 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:26 am

Hi all
My social worker came out yesterday and said the recommend the children come home! I've already had a hair strand test but now I've got to wait for nail clipping results, I'm so angry, my children have been away for 5 months already n now I've been told they can come home but not for another month and a half!
The social worker also said they want a 6 month supervision order and the won't budge, I don't think they have any grounds for one

I have also made a complaint about my social worker and yesterday she was talking about my meeting with the manager, has some sort of confidentiality been breeched?

Thanks in advance

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Supervision order

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:38 am

Dear Jay23729

Thank you for your further post.

It is good news for you and your children that the social worker has advised they can return home to you. I understand that it must be frustrating for you that the children are not able to come home straightaway but this is unlikely to happen until children’s services have all outstanding information regarding you.

Just to explain, a supervision order will not give children services parental responsibility and is more for them to monitor the children at home to make sure all is going well. If there are no concerns during the period of the supervision order then it will simply end after the 6 month period. If children’s services do have concerns then they could apply to the court to extend the supervision order for a further 6 months. It might help you to have a discussion with your solicitor about a supervision order.

It does seem, however, that children’s services are of the view that a care order is not needed so must consider that you have made appropriate changes to safely parent your children. It will be for the judge to make the final decision but he or she may agree that a period of monitoring with any additional support is necessary to ensure that the children’s return home is successful.

Regarding the complaint you made regarding the social worker, I do not think that any confidentiality is breached since the social worker’s team manager would need to speak with her about the complaint in order to respond to you. It might of course have been better for the team manager to inform you of a proposed meeting rather than the social worker.

Please read the advice sheet relating to care proceedings which was sent to you in an earlier post. This will give you information about the orders the court can make including supervision orders.

Should you wish to speak to an adviser, please telephone our free confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie