mother and baby foster placement

layla123

mother and baby foster placement

Post by layla123 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:46 pm

My baby is currently with family as social services thought there were possibilites of risks as i suffered from depression when i was younger and social services didnt complete assessments that they were supposed to while i was pregnant. I only see my baby for an hour and a half a day now even though i havent actually done anything wrong its only down to 'possible risks'.
How likely would it be if i asked for a mother and baby foster placement? if i asked if it would be possible at the next court review. My parenting assessment will be finished by then, they are just waiting for a mental health assessment completed but that hasnt even started yet and has till september to be done.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: mother and baby foster placement

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:28 am

Hi Layla123

Welcome to the parents forum. My name is Suzie and I am an adviser at Family Rights Group.

From what you have said, it sounds as though you are currently in care proceedings relating to your baby.

It is very important that you work closely with the solicitor who is representing you in the proceedings. It is the solicitor’s job to make sure you are clear about your options, to advise what is in your best interests and to help you put the best possible case forward to the court in support of what you want for your baby.

I would advise that you arrange a meeting with your solicitor before the next court hearing. It may be useful to prepare for this meeting by writing a list of questions you want to ask the solicitor and important things you want to say. For example,
• I want to be reunited with my baby as soon as possible.
• How do you feel my case is going at the moment?
• Is it possible to try and increase the contact I have with my baby?
• Is it possible to ask for a mother and baby foster placement?
• Are there any other assessments or reports that we could be asking for that might support my case?
• Is there anything else you would advise me to be doing at the moment to help my case?

I am sorry that you are going through this distressing time Layla123. Please do post again and let us know how you are getting on and if you have any more questions.

Best Wishes

Suzie
FRG Adviser