Page 1 of 1

Entitlement to benefits

Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:01 pm
by InnocentMammy
Hi guys,

As some of you may be aware, my baby is subject to an interim care order. He has been since February.

Amidst all the heartache and trauma, I've just thought to myself, am I actually entitled to the Child benefit and working tax credits that I have been receiving?

Obviously, I contest the accusations that led to him being removed from my care, and I want him back more than anything and this was against my will. It is also interim, and I share PR with the LA. I just don't want to get in any trouble if I shouldn't have had these benefits, but I can't find any information telling me what to do?

My partner is self employed so we live on half his usual wage as he misses half a day monday to friday due to attending contact. I receive my maternity pay.

Any advice would be appreciated, many thanks, and I send my love and support to those battling with an unfair and prejudiced system x

Re: Entitlement to benefits

Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:00 pm
by Ignatious
Hi InnocentMammy,

Googling child benefit and Local Authority care, I came across the following link.

Child Benefit Local Authority Care CH193 form

This form is for Local Authority or Care Trusts only so not appropriate in your case, but this might answer your question. I would recommend giving the relevant departments a call ASAP especially as you might have been claiming when you were not entitled and might have to repay overpayment.