Corrupt social worker

Post Reply
Mother in despair
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:12 am

Corrupt social worker

Post by Mother in despair » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:06 am

I am please asking for anyone that has any advice. My 14 yr old son was placed in foster care 3 weeks ago, reason being I cannot communicate with his dad, that I seperated from before my son was born 14 years ago because of domestic abuse. A year ago my son decided to have no further contact with his dad because he hit him. Dad went to social services saying I had manipulated my son into not seeing him. My son was placed under child protection . The social worker hated me from day one. Threatens me with removal if I don't do as she says. My son told her he didn't want to see his dad because he hit him. Social worker told my son he didn't know his own mind and felt that he wanted to live with his dad but dare not tell me. My son then refused to speak to her because she reported the opposite of what my son said. So the judge ordered a Ico, my son was removed by force by 2 police officers at 11pm. I have since had contact with my son and he is in a terrible state emotionally, he told me he was going to end his life and that he has reported this to his social worker and she said he could not see a doctor, I called a doctor at contact and he was urgently referred to cams. The social worker is now trying to stop my contact with my son because I called the doctor. My son isn't in school because the social worker waited weeks to put in a referral . The social worker in meetings has asked for things she has in appropriately said to be deleted from the minutes , the whole thing is so corrupt, and she should not be a practising social worker, she is corrupt and racist. I just want my son back , I would like to add that I have a 5 yr old son also whom is not subject to a plan and is perfectly safe in my care . Please any advice gladly received .

Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:17 pm

Re: Corrupt social worker

Post by Ignatious » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:58 pm

Hi Mother in Despair,

Sorry to hear about the issues your having with Children's Services (The new name for Social Services). Having read through your post, it seems there is a lot more that's not been said that would provide a lot more context to your current situation.

Firstly, I'd like to clarify the 'separated from his dad'. Were you married to the father of your son at the time of his birth? If you were it would mean even though you were separated, he would have acquired parental responsibility. If you were not married, did he acquire it post birth? Moving forward, I'm presuming he has.

You said a year ago, your son decided to have no further contact with his father. It is not clear for how many of the previous 13 years he has had contact (your son with his father).

As a result of 'father' contacting children's services, you ended up on a child protection a year ago. Not intentionally trying to pry, but can I ask under what category, physical abuse, emotional abuse or neglect? I would seem that in the following year your situation has fallen to the point that the Local Authority has applied to the court for an ICO (as you've stated), Are you awaiting the final judgement of the court? I fear that if your waiting for a decision of the court there is little we could advise here.

You said the Social Worker threatened you with removal. If you have any physical evidence of this you have a strong case for complaint. Social workers have zero authority to remove a child, only the court can grant such permission (and in your case it appears they did). What I know of Social Worker practice is (what should happen) they should take the wishes and feelings of the child. You said the social worker "didn't know his own mind", I would have questioned what qualification she has to make that assessment. Irrespective, she's involved with the case and (personally I feel) it should have been an independent assessor who makes that judgement.

I also have issue with the fact you have a 5 year old son who is NOT subject to a plan. It is my understanding that when one child is subject to a protection plan, all children within the house should be as well. You may have some grounds to complain that proper procedures have not been followed.

If things have gotten as far as an ICO, I would hope you have legal counsel. I wonder what your solicitor has advised.

As a parent who is also on a protection plan, I feel for you and your situation. I hope my comments have helped in some way.

Good luck in moving forward.

I am a parent. My responses are not from any formal training background but from my own experiences, my own research and my own point of view.

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2153
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Corrupt social worker

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:26 pm

Dear Mother in despair,

Welcome to the parents forum.

I am sorry to hear that your son has been removed from you and is in foster care. You say care proceedings have started and the court made an interim care order.
The most important thing now is to find a solicitor-if you do not have one. You can find a solicitor on the Law society-find a solicitor.

An interim care order(ICO) gives children services the legal parental responsibility to make most of the decisions about your son-such as where he lives, which school he goes to, even if you do not agree. However, they must consult you about those decisions.

For the court to grant an interim care order (ICO), it must have had evidence that your son has suffered serious harm or is at risk of serious harm. That he is in imminent danger if he continued to live with you.
Do you know what reasons were given? If not, ask your solicitor to explain why the court thinks this. Is there a written judgment for you to read?

The care proceedings should be completed within the 26 weeks and at the end the court will decide where your son will be living until he is an adult.
So this could be for him:
• to be returned to you,
• to go and live with dad
• to go to any friend or family member
• to stay in care

Ask your solicitor what do you need to do, as mum, for your son to be returned home to you?
Have children’s services assessed your parenting? Does the court want any expert assessments of you and of your son?
The court will also want children services to assess any family or friends to care for your son in case it decides that it is not safe for him to come to live with you or dad. Do you have anyone in your network of friends or family? (connected persons) who could care for your son?

Your son’s health needs

You must be really worried because your son has threatened suicide. You need to find out whether he has had an urgent mental health assessment. Such threats need to be taken seriously so I am very surprised that your son says the social worker is not doing so.

You could look at your son's care plan -which you should have a copy-might say or ask the social worker. You should discuss your concerns with the independent reviewing officer (the person who will be reviewing your sons care plan).


I can see that you were so shocked about your son’s state of mind that you rang a GP about this, during your supervised contact visit.
Seeking urgent medical advice is usually the right thing to do, when a child is suicidal. However, when there is an interim care order, any decisions about sons health needs should be considered by children’s services. It might have been better to let the contact worker know your worries.
But the fact you didn’t shouldn’t necessarily be held against you.
Contact is an important time when your son can see you and the law says you should have reasonable contact with him.

Did the social worker explain to you what happens at contact visits.
Did the social worker or contact worker let you know about your son’s suicidal thoughts before contact?

As there is an interim care order, there are special rules concerning stopping contact.
Contact can only be stopped for up to 7 days only “where they are satisfied it is necessary to do so in order to safeguard and promote the child’s welfare”.
Any longer has to be agreed by you or authorised by the court. Please see page 3 of the advice sheet about contact (linked below) which explains the procedure.
What does your son’s guardian say about contact?

Here is our advice sheet about contact when a child is in care and is under an interim care order or care order. As well as setting out the law, it gives government guidance and what research says about the importance of contact taking place.

You should contact your solicitor and discuss what happened at contact.

In respect of the social worker asking for minutes to be changed, I suggest that you let your solicitor know this has happened. Your solicitor can decide whether this needs to be investigated further.
Is your 5 year old subject to the care proceedings but remains living at home? A child would only be removed, if the court decided that he was at risk of serious harm.
On this occasion, I am going to have to disagree with ignatious advice to you about making a complaint now. As there are care proceedings, usually complaints will not be dealt with. Instead, always run any concerns about the social worker past your solicitor who can advise the best way forward. The court proceedings will be over soon. You are under the spotlight. You have such a short time to show that you can meet your sons complex needs and that you will accept support and work with children services and other professionals.

I hope this advice helps.

Please post again if you need further advice or call our advice line on 0808 801 0366 for further advice.

Best wishes,


Post Reply