Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:17 pm


Postby ladyluck » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:10 pm

Advice please my children have lived with paternal grandparents under s.g.o since June 2013 after me and my partner being accused of domestic violence and then myself getting diagnosed with a number of mental health issues as I had to have a phyciatric report done funded by social services after the s.g.o was awarded to my partners parents the whole family fall apart we had a supervision order for a year after but as soon as that ran out we had no contact with our children now aged 10 and 14, for a year a social services would not find it and we had nobody to supervise us as social services made sure my parents was not allowed to see my children that were accused of saying that wanted nothing to do with them but my parents words where twisted round by social services and still to this day so not see their grandchildren,
Now after a little mediation we have supervised visits once a month with paternal grandparents or it's as and when they can be bothered sometimes it's two months just lately my daughter has been very honest with me about why we don't get to see them often and it's because their grandad has been reported to childline by my daughter and possibly been reported to social services by my daughters school I myself have reported him as my daughter when they first went there told me he stood on her head but when I reported this to social services that accused me of trying to distable the placement iv tried seeing a solicitor but keep getting told I will need to pay between 3000 to 5000 to go back to court in going crazy as iv never been accused of violence towards my children but my daughter has also said that herself and get grandma has had to pull grandad off my son this is so worrying, how would I go about getting copies of assessments done by whoever would of dealt with all these accusations towards their grandad and why is he getting away with it!!!!! Thank you so much any advice will really help right now

Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:17 pm

Re: s.g.o

Postby ladyluck » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:40 pm

My children were removed due to predicted future emotional harm and now having to suffer physical abuse I'm so confused. ...

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2051
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: s.g.o

Postby Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:40 pm

Dear ladyluck,

Welcome to the Parents Forum.
I can see why you are worried about your children’s safely. It is likely that child line would have referred to children services who should have carried out an assessment.
Understandably, you want to know that your children are protected.

Have you contacted children services to ask about the referral?

Even though paternal grandparents will have enhanced parental responsibility, due to having a special guardianship order,(so can make most of the day to day decisions and also important decisions such as schooling and health), you still have parental responsibility for your children.

This means you can ask for a copies of the assessments that children’s services have done. You could also ask at what stage any assessment is at and whether there are child protection concerns.
If you do not get a response, then you could send an email or letter to children services and ask that the assessments be disclosed to you under the Data Protection Act 1987.
You may not get a full copy, as there are exceptions where information cannot be disclosed. Here is our advice sheet about access to records.

I hope this helps but isd you need further advice, please post again.

Best wishes,


Return to “Do you have a child in care?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests