long term fostercare

Saraheve

Re: long term fostercare

Post by Saraheve » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:14 pm

Somone said something really nasty to me today they said they only take the worst cases into care, my son was nothing like the baby ps case, it's really hurtful when others don't understand. Social services said I have made all the changes but it's only been 5 months and they want to see if have sustained it for longer I will fight and so everything I have to do to keep my baby and get my son back. X good luck to I realise you can't reveal to everyone because not everyone understands.

heartbroken49

Post by heartbroken49 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:02 pm

Hi Saraheve

Yes i used http://www.barprobono.org.uk i cannot recommend them enough without them i would be nowhere. If you don't agree with what the IRO says which i don't blame you then you can make a complaint and if you get a barrister she or he will do what they can at court.
meanwhile see if you can get your social worker changed and keep on at them to increase contact. i really hope you have success and keep in touch.
where abouts are you? i live in medway kent

heartbroken49

Post by heartbroken49 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:13 pm

OMG I understand exactly how you feel when people say stupid things like that, i feel really hurt by all the things people say when they know nothing they are not in this situation. and the trouble is these words hurt and stay in your mind and i can't sleep at night because of it. i remember when i was first time in court over 6 years ago and the guardian and her solicitor (LA) Said ''ok, you never know miracles could happen and you may get her back when she's 13'' (my case has been long because i been trying to get her removed from her abusive father now she has it's between me and the social services. they are the worse people to deal with.
it's victim blaming and people think if social services are involved then there must be a reason, but it could easily happen to them. I feel that i would have to be a really bad mother to have my daughter taken from my care and i am not, it's so hurtfull :cry:

Saraheve

Post by Saraheve » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:26 pm

I have already addressed all of previous ss concerns yet even the iro are saying that seeing him every 2 weeks will disable his placement.
I will continue to fight it and go to the court if I have to. Thanks for the link. We have to keep fighting it's tiring and draining but we can't give up. Good luck. Update me on any progress or news about your case. X

Saraheve

Post by Saraheve » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:27 pm

I live in ****x

Amended by Suzie as potential breach of a child confidentiality.

Saraheve

Post by Saraheve » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:54 pm

I hope everything goes well for you. I amire your fight and determination within you. Just carry on doing your best and I will too.
How are you feeling today. I really hope you get what you want you deserve it and so do your kids. Their lucky to have a mum who loves them so much and is fighting so hard to get them back a lot of children don't have that. I really wish you the best. Update me on any progress. X

Saraheve

Post by Saraheve » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:22 pm

Hi my contact has been reduced to once a month. Better than 5times a year but still hard. Especially when I have to share contact with childs farther. And have no contact in between the month. It's very hard, but they said if I go to court they will reduce it further. And they said I'm selfish for wanting to spend time alone with my son. But this is what me and my son are both used to. It's difficult as I miss him. But I'm going to carry on with the changes I've made and hope ss will be in agreement of discharging the order in future.

Dody

Post by Dody » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:36 pm

heartbroken49 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:24 pm Hi Saraheve

i have always tried to work with social services and i have attended the freedom program, parenting sessions and family group conferences. It doesn't seem to matter what i do it's all a complete waste of time and it's all because they decided to believe the father and not me and then cover up their mistake of giving him custody.

The judges don't make a decision because they only hear what they are told by the so called professionals then they agree with their stupid plans

All the professionals back each other and write negative rubbish on their reports. Some of their favorite words are ''she has no insight to the emotional harm she does to her child' when in reality they themselves have caused my daughter emotional harm. for a start they asked her 7 times when she was only 4 years old ''who do you want to live with?'' then they gave her to her father whom i had told them he is a emotional abuser, pathological liar and control freak.

I know exactly what happened they railroaded me in court and none of the truth was said however some truths came out at the final hearing but again were pushed under the carpet and they carried on as usual getting what they want.

I feel very hurt and upset having my daughter removed from me and being blamed for things i haven't done and i will keep fighting until she's returned to my care because i believe she needs to be with her mother and i would have to be a really bad mother for her not to be.

Now that finally the father is out of the picture i can have the therapy and go back to court. I know that the social worker doesn't want this and is delaying matters, trying to reduce my contact, not adhering to court orders, dismissing anything i say, continually covering their mistakes, not helping progress. She has delayed the review where the independent reviewing officer will be. So i have booked the therapy myself.

My daughter is in long term foster care and they said that i cannot keep her safe and i have parenting limitations

What reasons have they stated as to why your child/children are in care?
Hii
Hi, can you give me some help? I would like some information, did you get your daughter back? And what did you do in particular, and also what is (independent reviewing officer) I have a case with social media, and the children were ruled to be long-term foster care, and I did the recommended treatment, but in the final session, the judge asked for a new evaluation after treatment, and also, knowing the ruling that the police will put against me as a result of leaving the children alone home for 3 hours

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:11 pm

Dear Dody

I have replied to your individual posts in one reply above.

Best wishes

Bless'ed.day

Post by Bless'ed.day » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:17 pm

This have also happened to me, it is absolutely heartbreaking.
The judge did not take anything of mine into account. I am back to work full time as a district nurse, I've sent letters to the court from my manager, matron and other colleagues but that still didn't work.
The social was writing things in their reports that were not true, so I started recording them.
The judge granted the covert recordings and listened to them all which shown how untruthful they were, she did not take any of that into account and said that I can not be trusted.
Really? Is this a joke?

I've done lots of courses, parenting courses, domestic violence courses, even courses on how parental conflict can affect children but nope no of that mattes, they believe everything the social workers say.

The guardian did the bare minimum, she saw my children 3 times and had never met us outside of court or came to my home.

There must be something we can do to protect ourselves.

This is state sanction kidnap.

Is there anyone out there who can help us?