Is it possible to discharge a long-term care order

Saraheve

Is it possible to discharge a long-term care order

Post by Saraheve » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:35 pm

Hi my son has been removed to long term foster care, due to me unable to set clear boundaries and finding housework difficult.
I'm devastated but thought it will be possible to get him back as the social services said they wanted to see sustained changes.
I have had that bit of hope that maybe I can discharge the order in 6months.
But I was told today because it's a long term care order it will be difficult.
I'm not working and worried if legal aid will cover a discharge order.
And im starting to loose hope and finding it hard to cope. I just need need hope that it is possible to discharge a care order. I want to social services to.help me with this.
But I'm afraid they might just want him to stay in foster care. The pain is getting hard to bear in don't want to loose hope. Please may you help.

Ignatious

Re: Is it possible to discharge a long-term care order

Post by Ignatious » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:49 am

Hi Saraheve,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties your having at the moment. I'm a parent and it is from that parent point of view that I will give my advice.

NEVER give up hope. This is your son and if you truly want him back you must do everything in your power and fight for it to happen.

In your post you have said that you have been holding on to hope that maybe you can get the order discharged in 6 months, but today been informed as it's a long term care order it will be difficult. Both of these statements say it is possible, so I say again, NEVER give up hope and fight for your son to be returned to you. By fight, I mean take on board what social services are saying and having concerns about and prove to them (most importantly to yourself) that you can do it. I've read your other posts also so I know your expecting another child. I wish you well in all aspects of your unborn child (your continued pregnancy and any social services involvements that may bring). Good luck, wishing you well on your road ahead.
I am a parent. My responses are not from any formal training background but from my own experiences, my own research and my own point of view.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:42 pm

Dear Saraheve

Thank you for your further posts. I posted t response on 5 September 2016 on your thread ‘How can I cope through this’.

Please read that you post again as it tries to answer the questions you asked regarding your son being in long term care, the fact that you are pregnant now and what can happen.

It is not clear from your post why you have difficulties with housekeeping? I think a parent course will help you learn boundary settings and other parenting skills.

If you do want to put your partner’s mother forward as a possible carer for your baby then you should inform the social worker. It is important that you check that this is something that she is prepared to do long term. You can request a family group conference which any friends or family who you wish to be involved can attend a plan drawn up to show what support they can provide to you and the baby. Please see advice sheet relating to family group conferences here

There is also a film about family group conferences you can watch this to learn more about how a conference is done.

Here is a link to the National Autistic Society who may be able to assist you.

Regarding the parenting course, have you tried to search for Triple P or other parenting courses in your area. I have included a link about Triple P which you may find helpful. You should be able to do this online, try to do this as it will show that you are being proactive in finding help. Once you find a service you can tell the social worker if a referral is needed and ask to be referred to the service.

I understand how it must feel to be separated from your son but I think you have to try and pick yourself up and do positive things that might help you. A copy of our advice sheet about a child being reunited with family is in my previous post. Please read this for useful information. If you do not show any changes at all in your parenting, it will be harder for you to keep your baby or to have your son back in your care, so it is really important that you try to focus as difficult as I am sure it is being separated from your son.

Should you wish to speak to an adviser, please do telephone our free confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30 a.m to 3.00 p.m. Monday to Friday.

I hope this information helps.

Best wishes

Suzie

Mum4justice91

Post by Mum4justice91 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:12 pm

Oh honey im so with they are doing this to me right now its terrifying but judges dont like ss the judge ive got has said if i can improve then every 6 months i can contest ut but if you need to message me please do dont give up honey im here for you whatever the problem x