Desperate to discharge care order.

Saraheve

Re: Desperate to discharge care order.

Post by Saraheve » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:54 am

No baby is late I'll be induced on Thursday. Sorry to hear what your going through, from my experience the worst thing is not knowing when your going to see them next. Ss should intelligent to realise that not sorting out contact asap can be damaging for children and parents.
Just keep going on at them and ask when are you going to see children, even If you call them everyday, say your worried about how this will effect your children and you need to know how they are doing. I've been told their going to take me to court regarding baby, yet all ss previous concerns do not longer exist so even though I'm looking forward to meeting baby im also anxious of loosing her. I will try my ultimate best. I hope they sort out contact for you soon xx

Saraheve

Post by Saraheve » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:45 pm

I miss my son so much too I'm not seeing my son until one month. It's so hard and ss just don't care

Saraheve

Post by Saraheve » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:34 am

Hi Zoann have ss sorted out the care plan yet?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:12 pm

Dear Saraheve

Thanks for your further post.

You have made several posts so at this point I cannot remember if you had said what the pre-birth plan said and is this still the same now for when your baby is born?

I know it has been difficult for you having had your son removed from your care and going through your pregnancy at the same time.

If children services have told you they are going to court, what is the plan for you once the baby arrives? Will you go into a mother and baby placement? Please keep in touch with your solicitor so you can be get advice regarding the local authority’s application. You say that you have made significant changes so hopefully the judge will agree and give you the opportunity to show that you are able to safely care for your baby.

I wish you a safe delivery on Thursday and hope that all will be well with you and your daughter.

Do telephone our advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open Monday to Friday from 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.

Best wishes

Suzie

Saraheve

Post by Saraheve » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:03 pm

Thanks Suzie
I feel very annoyed right now because while I'm in hospital I will be monitored like I'm a criminal even though I'm not doing anything wrong. Previous concerns no longer exist.
Then early next week after I give birth of have to leave my baby in hospital as I go to court to fight for her.
I'm already going to feel bonded and have hormones running about and I have to go to court. The pre birth plan and the child protection plan both say they will only take me to court if I show im not looking after baby.
Yet baby hasn't been Born and they already taking me to court going again to their own plans.
They admit theirs no current concerns but say it has not been sustained for long enough as it's been 5months since I made changes.
Luckily I've got my solicitor involved and I have a lot of evidence that I have made changes like negitive weekly drug tests. A clean home. (A cleaning contract) parenting certificates, Drug and alcohol programs I've attended and proof I have been in CBT theraphy for 5 months. I'm very upset and hope judge will give me a chance to proove thease changes I've made are permanent.
I don't mind being monitored to proove that.
I just don't want to be separated from baby especially as my son is looking forward to having his first sister.
I know I have changed in past and not sustained it but this time is diffrent as I've seeked out support when previously social services said their was no extra support out their. People that know me are so proud of the changes I've made. I just need a chance to show thease changes are permanent and I am a even better mum.
Thanks

Saraheve

Post by Saraheve » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:35 am

I really need some advice I've just givenoticed birth. Yet social services want to take me to court before I'm discharged im really upset as previous concerns no longer exists. Ss tried to get evidence of present risk against me I had a mental health assessment in hospital which concluded that my mental health is fine, and my baby had a drug test which is negitive as I have no drugs in my system. I really can't bear the thought of loosing anouther child to the care system as I feel bonded with her already. Please prey judge would give me a chance as I'll never hurt my children. I just want to be a better mum

Zoeann

Post by Zoeann » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:37 am

Hi Saraheve, Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl. Hope you are both doing well. Been thinking of you. Try and keep calm, I know it's easier said then done, but you have just given birth and need rest for you and Baby. You've done so well so carry on doing what you're doing and I hope and pray the judge keeps Baby with you, where she should be then soon allow you to have your son home. Has your son met his little baby sister yet?
I see two of my children Friday for an hour... I cherished every minute of it and we all enjoyed it, so much so that my Babies didn't want to leave when our time was up. They've grown so much!! I have a meeting with my solicitor Tuesday afternoon to discuss what route we are going down, whether we appeal or wait to apply to discharge the care orders in June. I just want them home as soon as possible, everyday is hard being without them but it is a god send having a full time job to keep me busy.
I'm keeping everything crossed for good news for you xx

Saraheve

Post by Saraheve » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:17 pm

Hi its brilliant that you get ton see your children once a week that's good result for now until they come back home.
I'm in love with my baby and have bonded with her straight away. Their Is no current concerns yet ss want tone take me to court before I leave hospital to try and get a care order. They even asked me if I would volunteer to put her in care. Why would I do that! I would fight for her as I love her very much and know I can take good care of her. I'm just so upset with ss for wanting to separate her from me when im not doing anything wrong.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:17 pm

Dear Saraheve

Thanks for posting again and congratulations on the birth of your baby daughter.

I am responding to your recent posts together here.

I can see that you have posts from 29 and 30 January and I am sorry that you are feeling so upset and frustrated by children services’ decision to seek a care order in respect of your new baby daughter.

It must be hard to have just given birth and having to go to court as well. Has your solicitor not asked children services to consider you and your baby going into a residential unit, so that you can be assessed? Is this something that has already been considered and ruled out?

If you have addressed previous concerns and children services do not think there are any immediate concerns, I do not understand why they are going to court at this stage. You have mentioned, that children services asked that you agree to your daughter being accommodated, this would be a voluntary arrangement and she could be placed with family or friends which you put forward. If you are not agreeable to s.20 then children services, if they want to carry out a further assessment of you, with the baby placed somewhere else, they have no alternative but to go to court to get an order as they cannot remove your child without your agreement or a court order.

Has your solicitor discussed with you the effect of a s.20 placement? Your solicitor may, of course, take the view that the court might not agree with children services and will want them to give you the opportunity to be assessed with your baby.

In previous posts I do not recall you mentioning any drugs misuse but I see that you have now indicated that this was one of the concerns. If you have only been abstinent for 5 months, the concern will be whether you are able to sustain this for a longer period to safely care for your daughter. It is really great that there was no drug present when your daughter was tested and this is all in your favour when you go to court.

The judge at court will look at all the circumstances including the changes you have made in order to make a decision about your daughter. The care proceedings will last for approximately 6 months so you would have this time to continue to maintain the changes you have already made by the time of the final hearing. It will be difficult but it is possible for a child to be subject to an interim care order but remain in the parent’s care.
It will be for your legal representatives to make sure that the judge is aware of all that you have done to make changes to your lifestyle. At the end of the day, the judge will make his or her decision based on the welfare of your daughter which will be the paramount consideration for the judge.

I have already sent you our advice sheet relating to care proceedings and I suggest that you read this to help you have a better understanding of what the court process involves.

Should you wish to speak to an adviser, please telephone our free confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. Monday to Friday.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie

Saraheve

Post by Saraheve » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:13 pm

Hi Suzie I have said I don't mind going to a unit with her. And they said this could be a option but it's up to the judge to decide.
I used to smoke cannibis but not infront of my son but have been abstinent from this and going to recovery groups for months.
Their gonna give me anouther drug test in hospital tomorrow. It's very upsetting as I feel a strong bond to my newborn. I hope I'm given a chance. I have the same barrister and solicitor involved in my last case so they know the case
well. I'm very annoyed as they know ive made changes but say they want to see i can sustain it for longer. I hope to see my baby grow up x