Can I get my kids back

MY1508

Can I get my kids back

Postby MY1508 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:55 pm

Hello, I am writing on behalf of my friend. About 2 weeks ago her 3 kids 5 8 and 11 got taken, one with an aunt one with a grandparent and one with a foster parent. The reasons was because of her mental health and has hit her self in thepassed infront of her children. Her adult social worker said that with 2 years of therapy she should learn to control everything and should be fine. But the school said they came in scruffy a few times due to the kids keep ripping their clothes or forgetting to put on socks. They eventually told her to move out and left the kids with the father but they had an anonymous call to say that he has left and met the Mum when the court has only allowed them to see each other during school hours and they said he puts the needs of his wife before his kids which he doesn’t but he tries to balance everything at ones. They said they can’t get them back till 18 but if the therapy takes 2 years then that mean the dad won’t have to look after her as much and can care for the kids better and they will be much older will they not be able to get the court order discharged? They also have to older children 16 an 14 which still live with them but they do not allow them to see their siblings unsupervised which distresses them as they was a really close family and siblings. The social worker has often come across ignorant to their needs and emotions as a family and rather to help them they have just though taking the kids would be the easiest option. What can they do to get their kids back? If that is possible and can their siblings fight for them

MY1508

Re: Can I get my kids back

Postby MY1508 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:38 am

Hello is anyone there

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Postby Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:39 am

Dear MY1508

As you posted on another thread as well your post has already received a response.

Best wishes

Suzie

beckey11

Postby beckey11 » Fri May 18, 2018 11:44 am

I have done loads of courses from safeguarding to parenting myself and my husband has and we have put loads of stuff into place but the local authorties are not listening to my older 3 i can not get back but my yongest has got 11 years left in care and i am not giving up on her any suggestions please

Return to “Do you have a child in care?”