Child protection plan.

Christine

Child protection plan.

Post by Christine » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:03 pm

My daughter who is 12 has been made subject to a child protection order. This has come off the back of my middle daughter making historic abuse claims against her step father. My daughter is a happy, bright little girl who doesn't want her dad to be removed from her home. This is the next step until the cps decide whether to proceed with the allegations. Can we appeal this decision?
Also may I add, my husband has been interviewed under caution but not charged.... My middle daughter is a fantastic and a liar. I know this as I have been on the receiving end of her lies. At one point, to all her friends, I was dying of cancer. I have been reported by her to the social services that I had battered her. All of which is untrue. She has issues that I have tried over the years to help her with. Including drug, alcohol and solvent abuse. My youngest is in no danger from her dad and is absolutely traumatized that he now has to leave our family home. Where are her rights? Where is my husband innocent until proven guilty? Nobody knows my girls better than me. I have a 25 year old as well who is well a rounded professional. Some kids are bad apples. Sad but true. My 12 yr old is absolutely flying at school and there are no issues flagged up.... what the hell?

Christine

Re: Child protection plan.

Post by Christine » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:29 pm

Christine wrote:My daughter who is 12 has been made subject to a child protection order. This has come off the back of my middle daughter making historic abuse claims against her step father. My daughter is a happy, bright little girl who doesn't want her dad to be removed from her home. This is the next step until the cps decide whether to proceed with the allegations. Can we appeal this decision?
Also may I add, my husband has been interviewed under caution but not charged.... My middle daughter is a fantastic and a liar. I know this as I have been on the receiving end of her lies. At one point, to all her friends, I was dying of cancer. I have been reported by her to the social services that I had battered her. All of which is untrue. She has issues that I have tried over the years to help her with. Including drug, alcohol and solvent abuse. My youngest is in no danger from her dad and is absolutely traumatized that he now has to leave our family home. Where are her rights? Where is my husband innocent until proven guilty? Nobody knows my girls better than me. I have a 25 year old as well who is well a rounded professional. Some kids are bad apples. Sad but true. My 12 yr old is absolutely flying at school and there are no issues flagged up.... what the hell?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Child protection plan.

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:58 pm

Dear Christine

Welcome the Family Rights Group Parents’ Discussion Forum.

My name is Suzie and I am an Adviser at Family Rights Group.

I am sorry that you are currently having difficulties due to allegations made by your daughter which has led to your 12 year old daughter being placed on a child protection plan.

You say your middle daughter has made allegations against her stepfather of abuse. Unfortunately, as the allegations have been made and a referral made to Children Services, they have a duty to carry out an assessment to decide whether or not child protection issues exist for the child. In response to your question about appealing the decision to have a child protection plan, I have included here copy of the response in our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for your information. A copy of our advice sheet relating to child protection procedures is also included.

In your case it appears that Children Services carried out child protection enquiries and concluded that your youngest daughter is at risk of harm. The concerns they have should have been stated in the assessment report prepared for the initial child protection conference. What is the position with your middle daughter? You have not mentioned her age. Is Children Services providing any help or support for her? From your post it appears that your daughter has had a number of issues, has she received professional help to resolve the difficulties that she has. It may be that the reason for your daughter lying should be explored further.

Children Services usually, where there is allegation of abuse, require to alleged perpetrator to leave the home. I understand that seems unfair on the children who have to cope with one parent leaving the home. Does your husband have bail conditions, not to have contact with your middle daughter? I am assuming that your daughter still live at home with you. Also, as a final decision has not been made about whether your husband should be charged, Children Services will want to wait for the outcome of the police investigations.

Please note that even if the police decide no further action will be taken by them, this will not stop Children Services continuing with the child protection concerns. This is because Children Services and the police are looking at different issues. The police want to have evidence which can lead to a successful prosecution and Children Services is concerned about safeguarding the child to ensure that he or she is in a safe environment.

At the moment no one is saying that your husband is guilty but Children Services are looking at the situation on the balance or probability that the allegations could be true and taking the step they consider appropriate at this stage. The police are still carrying out their investigations and it will be for the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) to decide if there is enough evidence to charge your husband.

Whilst I understand your frustration regarding your youngest daughter being on a child protection plan when you feel there are no issues for her. If your other daughter is in the home, her behaviour is likely to have an impact on your 12 year old so this could be part of the concern that Children Services has at present. As I do not know the nature of the allegations made, I am not able to signpost you or offer you further advice.

If you feel it would help to speak to an adviser, please do telephone our free confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. Monday to Friday.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie