Husband accused ...

kerryl1981

Husband accused ...

Post by kerryl1981 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:26 pm

Hi ... I really need some advice please.
My husband's 20 year old daughter has accused him of raping her when she was 5. He was arrested, interviewed and released on bail but not allowed to return home as we have 3 of our own children. He is currently stating at my mum's address. I have never had an reason to worry about my husband around my children. His daughter states the incident happened when I was pregnant with my 2nd child and while i was at work.... I didn't work until a few months before I became pregnant with my 3rd child.
SS have become part of our lives, made their assessment which says they have no concerns over our children and stated in it that their is no police evidence that husband did what he is accused of. I have fully engaged with SS, did everything and more that they have asked me to. My mum supervises contact for the children when it is allowed. In the assessment report, I found it to be full of inaccurate information, contradictory throughout and on 2 occasions referred to me as 'Tracy' - that is not my name!! I had an a4 page of things that were wrong in the report which in bad a meeting with SS about and they agreed that had made mistakes and would rectify it.
I have chosen to believe my husband is innocent until proven guilty. In the eyes of SS this is wrong ....
We are now 10 days away from bail date when my husband returns to the police station to see what happens next. I'm terrified of what is going to happen. I am on my own with our children with no one non judgemental and not involved to talk to. Can anyone give me any advise .....

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Husband accused ...

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:53 am

Dear Kerryl1981

Welcome to the Family Rights Group Parents’ Discussion Forum.

My name is Suzie and I am an Adviser at Family Rights Group. I am sorry that you are feeling worried and terrified by the current situation that you find yourself and your family following the allegations made by your husband’s daughter against him.

I imagine that children services would have carried out s47 child protection enquiries to find out whether the children had suffered significant harm or at risk of doing so in the future. You say in your post that there are no concerns about the children. I have included a copy of our advice sheet relating to child protection procedures for your information. It is good that children services will now await the outcome of the police investigation. If the police were to find that there is a basis for them to charge your husband in respect of the allegations made against him, then children services may look again at what involvement he would have with the children.

Having said that, if the police do not charge him for lack of evidence, this does not mean that children services will stop being involved. The reason for their possible continued involvement is because the police and children services are concerned about different things. Children services might decide that further work is needed with the family to ensure that the children remain in a safe environment in your care.

You were right point out any factual inaccuracies in the report prepared by a social worker about you and your family. You have the right to ask for changes to be made and I am pleased that children services agreed to rectify the errors in their assessment report.

Regarding, your believe that your husband is innocent, and your feeling that children services think this is wrong, it may be because they consider that you should have your children’s needs rather than your husband’s as your main concern. That is not to say that you do have the children as your main consideration but it might be their perception of the situation. Children Services may take the view that his daughter would not make a false allegation against her father.

I think it might help if you contact the Lucy Faithfull Foundation who may be able to give you independent advice about the situation your husband and your family find yourselves in at the moment. This organisation deals with issues about sexual abuse and may be able to assist you without being judgemental.

Should you wish to speak to an adviser, please do telephone our advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line in open from 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. Monday to Friday.

I hope you find this helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie