what should I do

Sopho15

Re: what should I do

Post by Sopho15 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:42 am

It's been over 5 weeks now since the social worker came to see us should we of heard something back by now?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: what should I do

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:34 pm

Dear Sopho15

Thanks for posting again. I see that your last post was back in August and at that time the social worker had visited as part of the assessment to be done. At that time you said that she had not asked your partner to leave the home or to spend less time. I think if children services felt it necessary for him to be away from you and the baby, they would have told you that at the very beginning.

I know it has been five weeks now and it must be frustrating to have this worry hanging over you. I am assuming that the social worker may have been away on annual leave and she explained that it would be awhile before you heard from you. As part of the assessment it is likely that the social worker needs to speak to other professionals and do police checks, it will take time especially as it was during the holiday period. The social worker should really have given you a timescale for the assessment to be done.

You and your partner have been together now for a long time so you would have a good argument to say that a clear decision should have been made if it is suggested that he should not be in the home. I cannot say for certain of course, but unless something very detrimental is discovered as part of the assessment, I do not think he will be asked to leave. Obviously, I do not have the evidence that children services has, so I can only speculate based on what you have said in your posts.

There is no harm is you making contact with the social worker to ask when she is likely to finalise the assessment. Alternatively, you can simply wait until she makes contact with you again.

Should you wish to speak to an adviser, please telephone our free, confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. Monday to Friday.

I hope you find this helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie