My social worker seems to be doing nothing.

Jhay1

My social worker seems to be doing nothing.

Post by Jhay1 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:19 am

Hi, i need a little advice on how i can get my social worker to actually do some work. Im currently sat with my life and future in complete limbo.

I'll start from the begining... Last october i finally kicked out my alcoholic and abusive husband, thus making mine and my childrens life safer. I had a police information notice served on him in december due to harrassment. And i stopped his contact with my youngest child (his daughter) my eldest isnt his. But stated to him that i wanted supervised contact until i had proof he was doing something about his alcoholism. November last year i met someone, and we have now been together almost a year now. He had been very open about his past and told me about his conviction where by he struck a child. He hasnt spent a single day in prison but attended probation for however long and did everything that was askes of him... Its been 8 years since thw conviction.. I know why children services are involved and am happy to work with them. Childrens services have been involved since may. I have only met my assigned social worker once at a CIN meeting with the girls school. So far he has made no atrempt to contact me, visit or anything. Currently my boyfriend cannot have any contact with my children.. I cant even supervise contact as they have deemed me to have the inability to protect them... They requested im referred to SPLITZ which im fine with but i have still heard nothing. There has been no attempt at all from childrens services to do a risk assessment on myself or my boyfriend. This situation is now going into its 4 month. Im due to attend a CIN meeting once school has restarted where this will only be the second time i have seen my social worker. I am meant to have visits every 4weeks which i havent. And i know that its law for social workers to check the childrens bedroom.. Which hasnt happened.... I really need to get a hot rod up my social workers ass as he is failing my children. What can i do or say to child services that can get the ball rolling because it seems they really arent bothered at all... As i said before i am happy to work with them but they dont seem to be working at all.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: My social worker seems to be doing nothing.

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:06 pm

Dear Jhay1

Welcome to Family Rights Group Parents’ Forum.

My name is Suzie and I am one of the Advisers at Family Rights Group. I am sorry that you your feeling frustrated by the inaction of Children Services and the allocated social worker in your case.

It seems from your post that Children Services have concerns about you children’s safety and wellbeing because of your current relationship and your previous one which involved domestic abuse. They seem to have started the 'ball rolling' by carrying out a Child in Need assessment but are failing to work to the agreed Child in Need Plan.

I can understand your feelings at present since Children Services has expressed concerns but appear to be doing very little to ensure that all is well with your children. It could be said that they are not overly concerned about your day to day care of the children and do not consider them to be at immediate risk of harm. However, having said that, you are right to have an expectation that they will do what they said they are going to do.

My suggestion is that you write a letter to the social worker and his team manager. In your letter you should state your willingness to continue working with Children Services but express your concern that very little is being done under the Child in Need Plan. Ask for a written response explaining how the Children Services are going to move forward with the referrals to be made and any risk assessment of your partner. Explain that you are not making a complaint but writing in the spirit of cooperation and wish to work with them and want to have things clarified.

Alternatively, as you are due to have another Child in Need meeting once the school term has started, you may wish to wait until the meeting to raise your concerns.

I have included here a copy of our advice sheet relating to family support which will give you more information about Child in Need assessment and support. You will also be able to see how the assessment process should work.

Should you wish to speak to an Adviser, please do telephone our advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. Monday to Friday.

I hope you will find this information helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie

Jhay1

Re: My social worker seems to be doing nothing.

Post by Jhay1 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:19 pm

Hi suzie, thankyou for responding. I shall write a letter tomorrow to my social worker and his manager. I will also take a copy of the letter to my next CIN meeting. Thankyou again.