ADVICE NEEDED ASAP

anon0381

ADVICE NEEDED ASAP

Post by anon0381 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:38 am

Hi all...I'm currently under a s20 agreement pending a police investigation which involves me and my son...this part of investigation as been dropped but police are continuing to impose bail for further 6 weeks (already done 12weeks bail) due to social services input on the matter...this investigation reguarding both me and my son have def been dropped...had a PLO meeting Tuesday just gone while investigation was still being investigated and it went well, it's not going for court proceedings and being reviewed in 6weeks...the day after PLO when answering bail the allegation made about me and my son was dropped but say we must continue bail cos social services say so....I'm still in s20 agreement after PLO ..thus can't be right surely??

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: ADVICE NEEDED ASAP

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi anon0381,

Thank you for posting back.

Even though the allegations may have been dropped, the police may still be investigating, that’s why there are still bail conditions. Has the case been closed? You should check the position with your criminal solicitor.

I am glad to hear that children services have decided not to care proceedings. However, I would check with your solicitor what the basis is for this decision. As you have been cooperating – you have agreed section 20 accommodation-then they may have decided that court proceedings are no longer necessary because you of your cooperation.
Make sure you have the reasons for this decision and what is expected of you put in writing.

Best wishes,

Suzie

anon0381

Post by anon0381 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:55 pm

Thanks Suzie for replying...when we went in to PLO the legal representative of children's services said the reason for meeting was to say what is expected of us to prevent court proceedings, we have done all that was asked of us from conference...parenting 10week course also IFST drug and alcohol abuse team, even though nobody have even alleged we have problems with either...IFST decided there was not any need for intervention and no need for a 1month intense course with them....social worker failed to tell legal team that we had done these asked of us, which left them with no expectations of us to prevent court proceedings. So not quite sure what is expected and its quite frustrating really. Also could I ask if my social worker should be intervening with reguards to police and my son because their setting him up to fail...basically i am furious about a recent situation where I lost my purse at local council last week and to cut a long story short, the police phoned my son while he was at school asking him to ring me to say somebody handed my purse in at local police station...thing is I have no idea how they have my son's number as there was nothing in my purse with this on, also they stated they couldn't get hold of neither me or my mother to let us know the purse has been handed in, which neither had any missed calls also they are aware that my son and myself are not to have any contact or indirect contact due to bail conditions...I am disgusted they would do this to a 13 year d boy...criminal solicitors are pretty useless to be fair....they allow police to bail my son again because social services say so...surely somebody somewhere could help him but who ? Thanks Suzie x

anon0381

Post by anon0381 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:58 pm

Also suzie my family solicitor says the PLO went well and that when the investigation is over I should immediately tell social worker we should work in getting the kids home asap

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:27 am

Dear Anon0381

As part of the pre proceedings process, it is usual practice for the PLO agreement to be signed within the meeting process, in order to avoid the current confusion about what is expected by all parties.

Did you receive a copy at the meeting, because this should outline the next six weeks until the next PLO review?

If you have not yet received one, I suggest you make urgent contact with your solicitor to request a signed copy of this document is sent to you as soon as possible. At this time, you could also discuss what plans are in place for you to add your signature to the document.

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes

Suzie