Care Order Being Sought on Monday

ange301126

Re: Care Order Being Sought on Monday

Post by ange301126 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:59 pm

Dear bearcubs , on the brightside,they may be just trying to see if you are able to cooperate and work with them .On the dim side, the judge may have raised their hackles because they did not get their own way. They may use anything against you they can.
If I were you, I would be very , very concerned as to the legitimacy of their aims in general.
When they reported you had deteriorating health and told your mother there was a supervised order that suggested at the very least a lack of integrity on their part!

Tell them you are fully recovered and they still won't correct the first and express any disagreement about the supervised order and they will just ignore you.Then tell everyone you are uncooperative!

Write every little thing down in future.Also take both their names so you can check if they are kosher sw's.

bearcubs2

Post by bearcubs2 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:13 pm

How can I check up on the status/track-record of the social workers involved?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:55 am

Dear bearcubs2

The Health and Care Professions Council (or HCPC) is the regulating body for social workers in England and Wales and you can make more detailed enquiries about a specific issue directly on their website.

Best Wishes

Suzie

bearcubs2

Post by bearcubs2 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:48 am

UPDATE:
The social workers involved in the Child Protection case want me to sign over the last of my remaining Child Tax Credits.
The ex has already put a claim in for ALL of the others even though this is an Interim Care Order. He's claimed to have withdrawn this in the hope that I'll hand over 50% of everything (& 'promises' to send the other 10% over by bank).
YET they want me to sign over the last today- they've got release papers ready, but with no proof that the father's withdrawn his claim & therefore stopped the 'hold' the DSS have placed on over £800 per month of the money.
WHAT DO I DO?
Last edited by bearcubs2 on Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

ange301126

Post by ange301126 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:41 am

Dear Bearcubs,

Don't sign away anything at all at the request of the CS .Particularly,don't give them any money or any of your tax credits.

What happened at court in December,did they get a care-order?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:38 am

Dear Bearcubs2

My name is Suzie and I am an Adviser at Family Rights Group.

I am sorry that you are experiencing such a difficult time going through care proceedings regarding your children and now about the benefits you were receiving for them.

In your post you say that there is now an interim care order which I assume was made at the hearing which took place in December. As you may already be aware, an interim care order means that Children Services now share parental responsibility for the children and are able to exercise this over and above yours and the father’s, if he does in fact, have parental responsibility.

Children Services are able to decide where the children are placed and it appears that they are now living with their father. As the children are not living with you at the moment this means that you cannot claim the benefits for them after specific periods of time. If you do receive benefits you could be asked to repay the amount received for the time that the children were not with you. I am including a link here of our advice sheet relating to benefits which you give you more details about what happens to benefits when children are no longer living with you. I hope you will find this helpful.

Should you wish to have further advice regarding your current situation, please feel free to telephone our free advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. Monday to Friday.

Best wishes,

Suzie

bearcubs2

Post by bearcubs2 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm

The children are still under an interim order- staying with myself thursday to monday & their father for the other three days-no final decision has been made & the Judge did NOT stipulate that any money should be split or withheld.
So far, the child benefit has been held, half of the child tax payments & now they want the one remaining DLA payment & SINGLE child tax payment to be signed over 'in the trust' that the social workers get the father to pay an additional 10% directly into my bank. But considering he's the one who phoned all of the benefits agency departments & claimed he had the kids full-time I cannot trust him or the social workers.
I'm in poverty now, using any remaining carers allowance & minimal income support to care for my boys while the boys are being treated as a 'cash cow'.
I'm told my ex works for one hour a few times a week (paid) & volunteers the rest of his time to my boys' school?! I'm disabled for life & cannot work...he should be working & paying towards the children.
He's not paid one penny since the split last year in March. Not one penny.
Now I'm left feeling like I'm in the place of the weekend dad & this is not right.
I've read the link to benefit advice but really can't make sense of this anymore. I'm highly stressed & just can't seem to find my way anymore.
Last edited by bearcubs2 on Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:30 am

Dear Bearcubs2

I am sorry to hear that your financial circumstances do not appear to be improving.

Can I suggest you discuss your difficulties in more detail with your solicitor, to see if they would be willing to liaise with the Local Authority legal department on your behalf.

In the meantime you may be able to seek advice from your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Sorry not to be more help on the benefits, but this is not an area that Family Right's Group can offer detailed advice in.

Best Wishes

Suzie

Murray72

Post by Murray72 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:48 pm

Hi Bearcubs,
I am sorry that you are experiencing such hardship at what is already a difficult time, but I would suggest that you try and take advantage of the Interim care order and ensure that the LA pay for (at the very least ) half of any costs involved in bringing up your child, they want to share PR so they can't refuse any reasonable requests. I know how difficult it is to ask for help from them, but I did when my child was settling in after 4.5 years in FC and they contributed to half of the cost of uniforms and anything school related until the care order was discharged.

Have the LA indicated what they are pursuing in regards to long term care of your children ?

I hope this helps.

bearcubs2

Post by bearcubs2 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:40 pm

Child Tax Credits wrote to me with their decision today. Apparently I'm not the main caregiver to ONE of my children & they have decided to pay their father (who only has the boys for three nights per week under an INTERIM CARE ORDER). Including all the back pay since it was frozen leaving me with nothing to raise the children.
From APRIL, though he didn't leave the house until the police ordered him to in AUGUST.

I'm losing this, I've already lost.
The final hearing isn't until March...but it's over.