Do judges grant mum and baby foster placement

damiensmummy21

Do judges grant mum and baby foster placement

Post by damiensmummy21 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:24 pm

Im due my second child in 15 days but my 1st is under a ico at my mums (look at my other thread) and way in the 1st conference we ever had thechair said I should be offered a loloving nurturing environment for the rest of my pregnancy and beyond and mentioned a residential type place but ive been offered non of this bunged straight back in a flat I receive abuse and social ignore me. Well Ive been told the social wont allow anything that means me and baby are kept together he best of being removed and placed with my mum. While I under go assessments on my mental health ect. I suffer mild depression but high anxitiy and panic have since 2008 when I was raped by my childrens uncle. I have post traumatic stress disorder so im scared now they will say a deffo no to having them returned :( we are under goingcourt atm and I was hoping judge will go a against social and grant a mum and baby foster placement. How common are these? Do thy preffer to remove new borns than keep them together with the mum? I got till may to do assessment as thats when I find out if my children come home, stay woth my mum get fostered by l.a or get adopted
Please help im so scared im guna give birth n have to kiss him goodbye and see him few hours a week :(

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Do judges grant mum and baby foster placement

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:57 am

Hello Damiensmummy

Courts do not always agree with the local authority and it is certainly possible that the court will order a mother and baby placement for you.

Unfortunately, it is impossible for me to say how likely this is as each case is different and will be judged on its own merits.

My advice s that you continue to work closely with your solicitor who will have a much clearer picture of your case and what is most likely to happen. Be clear with your solicitor about the outcome you want (a mother and baby placement) and ask your solicitor to be honest and clear with you about what you can be doing to try to achieve this and how likely it is to be agreed.

It is important that your solicitor is honest with you so that you can be as prepared as possible for the outcome and what other options you have.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy damiensmummy. Obviously your baby might arrive at any time now so do take good care of yourself and let us know how things are going.

Best Wishes

Suzie
FRG Adviser

damiensmummy21

Post by damiensmummy21 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:27 pm

I got the placement :) I had my boy on 8th April. We came on the 10th. But I was told 12 weeks now being told aim no mre than Christmas to nxt year :( I haven't been able to be a propa mummy to my lil boy since 22nd dec. I working on there issuez as best I can but feel like social dont want my children home if they did they would be helping me more my visits with my 1st have been cut dwn and all supervised by a contact supervisor ( I dnt mind the supervision help in court as thy do a parenting assessment. ) and im not aloud out alone with my baby..

Added stresses with my mum too as she gotta have a house full of ppl 3 times a week which shes not happy with. And none of my family can see baby. Another added pressure.

Im doing everything thy ask too but I feel like ive lost my freedom n inderpendence too . All I want is to mke a new life with only my too boy's. N be a better mum than I wasb4

Esme, Moderator

Post by Esme, Moderator » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi Damiensmummy

My name is Esme and I am the moderator on these boards.

Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy!

I'm sorry that you are finding things so difficult at the moment. Looking after a newborn baby is exhausting and difficult at the best of times, let alone with the extra pressures you are facing.

You have done really well to secure the mother and baby placement for you and your baby.I can see that this is a really stressful time for you but keep focussed on why you are doing this.

You now have the opportunity to show how well you can do and what a good mummy you can be to your boys. Keep working hard for them damiensmummy and make sure that you take good care of yourself.

Best Wishes

Esme
FRG Moderator