what happens if parents split up while children are on child

endofmytether

what happens if parents split up while children are on child

Post by endofmytether » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:18 am

Please help I am wondering what situation parents would be in regarding the children if parents decided to go their separate ways I do not want anything to go wrong as we love and care for them what if their dad left the home please help

purdie

Re: what happens if parents split up while children are on c

Post by purdie » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:43 am

While the children are on child what ?.
You never finished the title, so it may be hard for you to get a reply and you could be waiting some time, I asked for a reply some day's ago i'm still waiting for my question from the administrators to get back to me. ( who Fight's for us SUZIE ).

endofmytether

Post by endofmytether » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:45 am

Sorry cpp

purdie

Post by purdie » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:55 am

I would think they will have to be told, as thier is a change in the house hold.
Other than that I can't advise you.sorry.

endofmytether

Post by endofmytether » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:33 pm

Yes I know that would have to tell them but what would happen to the children would they stay with the mother or me

purdie

Post by purdie » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:36 pm

I don't really no ( endofmyteather ) but I suppose if the family home is ok I suppose the children would stay their they have all their stuff there.

endofmytether

Post by endofmytether » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:08 pm

Yes thankful like I say they have no concerns with the house or children which I/we are very pleased with

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:18 am

Hi endofmytether

If you and your children's mum split up, it would be for the two of you to discuss what is in the children's best interests and decide who they should live with etc.

As Purdie has said, it is often better for children to remain in the family home but each individual situation will be different.

As you are aware, it is important to discuss your plans with Children's Services at an early stage. This gives you an opportunity to reassure them that you are prioritising the children and considering their best interests and also to ask what advise they would offer in the situation/ what their view would be about what is best for the children. You can then make an informed decision about the best way forward.

It may be useful for you to look at the following organisations which offer advice and support about managing relationship breakdowns when there are children involved,

Relate
Resolution

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes

Suzie
FRG Adviser