Social services involvement

Alley

Social services involvement

Post by Alley » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:29 am

Hi all i have social services involved due to my partners background. They have advised me to keep my children away from him until they conduct their issues around him. Basically he has just been sentenced to 12 weeks in prison. Would social services find out if i was to visit him with my new born baby. I really dont want to risk taking her and they go nuts on me.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Social services involvement

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:35 pm

Dear Alley,
Welcome to the Parents Forum,
The short answer is yes children services are very likely to find out. They would very concerned that you were going against their advice and would be worried that you were not keeping your baby safe.
It is very important to run any decisions like this past the social worker. She could then explain why children services think he is risky to your baby. You could suggest ways that in fact your baby could be protected.
Look at this guidance- how to work well with your social worker .

You do not say why the social worker is worried about your partner. Whatever the worry is, it is normal for a social worker to have to assume the worse about him until the risk assessment has been completed. They cannot take risks with the safety of a child.
However, by the end of the assessment-which takes up to 9 weeks, the social worker is likely to have a better idea as to whether or not he is dangerous to children and what support children services can give him.
If the assessment comes back to say he is risky, then the social worker might be able to offer help to him-for example, a course or support to help your children have safe contact.
Here is some information about risks and resources for fathers.

I hope my advice helps. If you need further advice, please post again or call our advice line on 0808 801 0366.
Best wishes,
Suzie

Kam2019

Re: Social services involvement

Post by Kam2019 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:22 pm

They would defo find out and if u were to do this behind there back they would no longer trust u can protect your children no matter what u said or did in the future the best relationship to have with children's services is open And honest one ...