Social worker suggested husband take course but they are refusing to fund!

May12345

Social worker suggested husband take course but they are refusing to fund!

Post by May12345 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:35 am

You may remember that the SW mentioned to me that it may be beneficial if my husband did some more courses other than the LF online modules when he visited the children a while ago. I myself am waiting to do the Inform plus course which the LA are funding as it was recommended by the Psychologist.

My husband emailed the SW and his manager to ask if they would fund the LF Inform course as the SW had suggested he do another course. The SW and manager I assume have said they don't know of any courses thst would benefit him and that they won't be able to fund the LF Inform for him!

At least now he has this evidence if they ask him to do it at a later date but I expect he will fund it himself.

How ridiculous and infuriating are these 'professionals' to suggest he do a course with no knowledge of any he could do?!

Miserylovescompany2

Re: Social worker suggested husband take course but they are refusing to fund!

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:44 pm

Hello May,

Might I suggest you take your request for funding higher up the chain of command - I'd also ask for a written explanation as to why the course will not be funded and why it is thought the course wouldn't be of benefit. The whole point is to keep reducing the current assessed level of risk - so you get the the point of a risk which is deemed manageable.

The SW has a manager, then there is a senior manager who has line managers. I would keep chipping away...

May12345

Post by May12345 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:52 pm

Thanks Misery good idea! I wanted him to contact the Team managers manager but I don't know her name!
He emailed his solicitor and asked her to ask them why and she's doing that so I'm pleased about that!
If this ever goes to court this refusal to fund would not look good on them!

Taking this course would also prevent them asking him to in the future and surely it would benefit him like you said.

We were also told that we are now in PLO in order to fund assessments and courses!

PerfectlySafeDad

Post by PerfectlySafeDad » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:20 pm

SW is trying to look like he knows what he is talking about, but he doesn't. None of them do on this topic, they're just excuses to drag things on and on and create one hoop after another to jump through, then they know their backs are covered.
Just keep tabs on everything you've both done that you've been asked to do, preferably with a written (or at least verbally recorded) statement from them clarifying exactly what each thing means in terms of reduced risk and precisely what improved contact it earns for your husband. Cut down their opportunities to deceive or goalpost-shift.
It's great that you've got a solicitor on this; they need to pin them down in writing as to what the roadmap for progress is.

May12345

Post by May12345 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:39 pm

Hi PSD those are good ideas thanks! Yes I think having a solicitor may make them listen more..... Maybe it's silly but if we start to pester them more or challenge things I always have a fear that doing so will make things worse for us, like they will step up their fight against us or something 😥 it can stop me challenging them and if I do I do it very politely but try to still get the point across....