probation officer vs children services

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: probation officer vs children services

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:33 am

Dear mva17

Thank you for your further posts and apologies for not responding sooner although you have had some peer support from other posters on the forum
I do hope that you will by now have had a clear response from children’s services about their expectation of how contact between your husband and the children should be managed. As you say in your post, support should be given as part of the safeguarding role the children’s services has for children in their area. You do not say specifically what the particular kind of support you would need but I assume it is in respect of managing contact.

Whilst I understand that you do not believe children’s services has been helpful so far, you can ask for a child in need assessment to be carried out so they can look into how best to provide support if your children are found to be in need. Please read our advice sheet Family support. This should give you more information about the support you can expect from children’s services.

I am also sending you our advice sheet relating to Challenging decisions and making complaints should you decide to complain about how your case has been managed.

Should you wish to speak to an adviser you can telephone our free confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 3pm.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Best wishes

Suzie

mva17

Post by mva17 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:53 am

At the end i didnt need to complain to cs as they came to visit me. The lady said she was happy for me to supervise my husband and they were to step down the case i they dont see a risk and they will be happy with the work that probation officer is doing with him. That should be very good news.However i am a bit confused, because the other day the police that check my husband devices asked him why he is no back at home and seem that he dosent see a problem. I dont want this to happen, because i need to be 100 per cent sure that is the best. but mu question is, everyone says here that cs wont be happy with this so why the police said otherwise. that make me feel confused.

PerfectlySafeDad

Post by PerfectlySafeDad » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:22 pm

In my own experience, I've discovered that hardly anybody - not even professionals such as police, the medical profession, offenders support groups - seems to understand just how dogmatic and cruel social services are in their opposition to rebuilding offenders families. If the police are supportive of him moving in, and you want it in yourself, then perhaps they would be willing to put this in writing to use in family court if necessary.
For now you're probably right to do the supervision as it is, and just be grateful they've allowed this, but keep a record of when this ran from and how long it goes on without development. At a later date use this as evidence they're being draconian. I believe they can be beaten by stockpiling ammunition to show their measures are not proportionate. They search for, imagine and compile facts for 'risk' - the families must compile facts for safety.