Abuse claims

Jeshaframar

Abuse claims

Post by Jeshaframar » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:23 pm

Hi I am seeking advice please a few weeks ago my ex rang the social services and police claiming my new partner had hurt my little girl who is 6 and spends almost every weekend with me and has since she was 6 months old.
After getting over the initial shock I contacted the social worker and they came to see me and explained they had looked into all matters along with the police and also given my daughter an examination at hospital. No injuries were found and when they spoke to my daughter they were under the impression she had been coached and were happy that nothing had happened. The social worker contacted my ex and told her the outcome and that there was no reason at all not to reinstate contact which she has refused despite my offer of my new partner being there as this seems to be the reason behind it all.
I have since attended a mediation session and she has refused so I have been issued an FM1 form to go to court. She is now claiming I have hurt my daughter and she has evidence to prove this which is hogwash I have never raised my voice to her let alone a hand coupled with the fact when asked she said to the social worker she had no prior concerns what so ever. I obviously intend to go to court as my daughter is my world and I have played a major role in her life since birth and this may sound bizarre but having researched the matter it seems my ex will not be looked on favourably by the court as her actions are a matter of record I do not wish her to get in any kind of trouble at all despite her antics she is still my daughter's mum and she needs her. How can I avoid her getting looked at in this way but still get access to my daughter? Any advice will be appreciated as I just want it resolved and get on with being a dad.
Many thanks in advance.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Abuse claims

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:00 pm

Dear Jeshaframar

Welcome to the parents’ discussion forum. My name is Suzie, online adviser, at Family Rights Group.

You seem to be having difficulties regarding contact with your daughter because of her mother’s unwillingness to allow contact and her allegations of you harming your daughter. Children’s services have been involved and have no concerns about your daughter having contact with you.

It appears that you have already taken steps to bring the issue of contact with your daughter before the court which is the best way forward if her mother will not cooperate with making contact arrangements with you.

Despite the mother’s behaviour you are worried that she may get into trouble and want to know how you can avoid this. I think it unlikely that she will get into trouble unless she refuses to obey an order of the court regarding any contact you should have with your daughter. Once you have made your application to the court, the court will want to have information about your daughter and the fact that children’s services has been involved they may be asked to provide a report to the court to make recommendations about contact including your daughter’s wishes.

This is a private law matter, that is, relating to issues between individuals rather than children’s services making an application to the court. As such, it does not fall within out remit as we advise where children’s services are involved because of concerns relating to safeguarding a child.

If you do not have a solicitor representing you, I think you might find it helpful to contact Coram Children’s Legal Centre (Child Law Advice) on 0300 330 5480. This organisation provides advice in respect of private law matters. You may already be receiving advice from a solicitor and, in that case, the solicitor will be able to provide you with advice relating to your particular circumstances.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie

Jeshaframar

Post by Jeshaframar » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:05 pm

Hi thankyou for your reply, after loading with the social services they have tried to speak to my daughter but her mum is refusing to let this happen without her being present. I would have thought the social worker's could insist is this not the case? Thanks

Kami2018

Post by Kami2018 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:22 pm

If children's services were taking these abuse claims seriously they can absolutely talk to children alone and when there are significant concerns around a abuse allegation and parent refuse them to talk to children alone that will heighten there concerns and they can go to court to get permission to do so can I ask how old the child is

Jeshaframar

Post by Jeshaframar » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:29 pm

My daughter is 6 and the claims were made by my ex about my new partner and found to be totally untrue. The social worker wishes to speak to my daughter about contact with me to finalise their report as they feel her mum is influencing her but she refuses which to me shows what she is doing surely the social services can see this and have powers to do something she called them in but doesn't want to know now it has not worked. Thanks

Kami2018

Post by Kami2018 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:50 pm

Yes they absolutely have the rights to talk to your child alone and if the mother refuses this CS can seek legal action before the court and in my opinion her refusal will concern children's services as it's like she's something to hide if she doesn't work with them they might then ask the courts for the authority to be able to talk to your child alone shall it be at home or at school